Young Leaders for Health Conference 2019
15th – 18th August 2019, Berlin
The Young Leaders for Health Conference is back, making Berlin this summer’s place to be for future global health policy-makers, scientists, advocates, artists, and entrepreneurs.
This year’s topic is “Health Workforce”. Without solving the challenges pertaining to our health workforce, achieving universal health coverage and the right to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health for all will remain aspirational. Therefore, we want to explore these challenges and discuss options as well as determinants of change!
The Sub-Topics: Cross-sectional Challenges
- Availability & Performance of Health Workforce:Planning, recruitment, quality of health workforce
- Investments in the Health Workforce: Capacity building, remuneration, continuing education, transferability of policies, interprofessional collaborations
- Health Workforce Distribution: Inequality across genders; geographical distribution at global, national and regional level of health systems
- Digitization and Automation: Impact of the digital revolution on Health Workforce; Preparedness of Health Workforce for advances of digital and automated technologies in healthcare
- Strategies for assessment, monitoring, evaluation and policy implementation: Strengthening institutions, supervision, managing migration, retirement, legislation, advocacy.
The Components Conference
At the third edition of the Young Leaders for Health Conference, you will have the chance to explore our conference topic “Health Workforce” within various educational formats. Each participant will attend a series of keynote lectures and will assume
the role of a delegate in a simulation of the World Health Assembly (WHA).
World Health Assembly Simulation
Each participant will take part in a simulation of the World Health Assembly (WHA), the supreme decision-making body of the WHO. You will assume the role of a members state delegate, media representative or non-state actor representatives and discuss a pressing issue pertaining to our health workforce. We organize a plenary and small regional meetings, so that you have the chance to experience diplomacy in large and small settings.
With the WHA Simulation, we want you to participate actively in the field of Global Health. While representing a country, you will be able to get an impression of the different countries’ preferences concerning global health as well as the negotiations going on between them. This will help you to understand global decision-making and how to overcome political obstacles.
Apply for the YLH Conference 2019
- Are you passionate and keen to make your mark within global health?
Do you want to explore interdisciplinary approaches to global health challenges?
- Do you want to create lasting networks with like-minded peers?
If yes, apply for the YLH Conference 2019!
Applications are open for everyone. All professional and academic backgrounds are welcome because solutions to global health problems need an holistic approach that includes perspectives from various disciplines.
To apply, please click this button and fill out our application form.
Deadline for Applications: 03/06/2019