Supply Chain Management Officer – Global Fund Programme- Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share. Save the Children invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates, who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity, for the following position(s):
Supply Chain Management Officer – Global Fund Programme
TEAM/PROGRAMMEME: HIV and AIDS
LOCATION: National Centre for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC), Kathmandu
CONTRACT LENGTH: National Fixed Term
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2: either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reach approximately two million population and invest over 30 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Rights and Governance and Child Protection, Child Poverty, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior SCM – Global Fund, NCASC and guidance from the focal point of the Logistics Unit, the SCM and Store Officer is responsible for coordination and management of the procurement, supply chain management functions of HIV pharmaceuticals and health products at NCASC in accordance with procurement and quality assurance policy of the GFTAM and with the financial and procurement rules and regulation of the Government of Nepal.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepare PSM plans undertake reviews as and when needed by the programme or Global Fund.
- Store HIV commodities and related supplies according to proper storage guidelines and maintain quality, safety and security of stock.
- Quantification and forecasting of HIV commodities on the basis of reports of service delivery points, programme target and client data on regular basis.
- Prepare the transportation plan for proper and timely distribution of HIV commodities.
- Maintenance of logistics files, assuring that all required documentation/approvals are in the files.
- Maintain stock database and HIV commodity tracking database using prescribed software and share with all stock holders periodically.
- Monitor that physical inventory has been taken of all commodities at specified times.
- Prepare of standard documentation and timely reporting for programme inventories. Compile consumption data, issues data, losses and adjustments, and stock data for HIV commodities and prepare monthly reports.
- Monitor stock status of commodities throughout the country and report to Director/Project Manager when the situation requires immediate action.
- Facilitate in the HIV logistics Management Training for Service delivery points.
- Manage availability of forms and reports to be used in the LMIS at all level.
- Monitor SDPs on logistics issues related to HIV commodities and provide feedback as necessary.
- Support to manage proper disposal procedures and documentation of expired/unusable HIV commodities.
- Support Logistics Task Force Meeting on regular basis as per the need and plan and update the minute.
- Liaise with NCASC and pertinent stakeholders to ensure supply of appropriate drugs and kits in appropriate formulations and strength.
- Support to monitor the timely procurement of all the commodities as per the PSM plan to minimize stock out.
- Prepare the SOPs for the different required activities in daily activities and ensure the use of SOPs in right and correct way.
- Manage to maintain the Viral load machine, CD4 machine and other equipment are functional and insured.
- Support in integration of HIV logistics in General Logistics system.
- Assist to review procurement plan and implementation schedule.
- Provide support to deliver training on Supply Chain Management as per Global Fund guidelines to SDPs and other service delivery sites.
- Field visit to service delivery points as required.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy; Master’s degree in Public Health with Bachelor of Pharmacy is preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least 3 year of experience in ware house management.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and health products procurement and supply management.
- Knowledge of GFATM’s procurement and Quality Assurance Policies.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to work with a minimum supervision and in high pressure.
- Ability to communicate technical procurement matters in a simple and clear manner.
- Advance Computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, power point and other database.
- Excellent language proficiency in English and Nepali.