National Individual Consultancy – WASH Consultant, Nepalgunj, Nepal ( Only for Nepalese Nationals)
Job no: 513317
Work type: Consultancy
Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The main objective of this consultancy assignment is to provide complementary support for effective implementation of WASH programme with due focus on planning, timely implementation of planned activities (i.e. community waters supply, water safety planning & functionality of water supply project, scaling up of total sanitation, WASH facility improvement in schools and Health Care Facilities of the Palikas of Humla, Mugu, Dolpa, Jumla & Kalikot, capacity development of staffs of provincial and local government for scaling-up of WASH activities and documentations of best cases/learnings from the programme Palikas.
How can you make a difference?
Major support of this consultancy is expected to help implement ASWA I activities in at least 12 selected Palikas of phase I from Province No. 6 and 7. and broader tasks where support is expected are as below.
- Task 1: Reformation of WASH coordination committees and strengthening of institutional mechanism of at least 12 Local Government Units,
- Task 2: Capacity building of staffs/ elected representatives of Local Government Units on WASH information collection, formulation of information based plan of action and implementation of WASH activities,
- Task 3: Assisting partner for planning, implementation and supervision of activities related with water supply, along with WASH in School and Health Care Facilities and total sanitation
- Task 4: Technical support for effective implementation and monitoring of WASH components aligned with other sectoral components in the Palikas of Province No. 6.
- Task 5: Documentation of WASH success/learning cases stories from Palikas of Province No. 6.
Duration of the contract
The assignment will start from 15 June 2018 to 31 January 2019(for 7.5 months).
1st deliverables by 15 August 2018 ( 42 days): Submission of 2 monthly report along with following outputs.
- Reformation of at least 12 palikas’ WASH coordination committees and strengthen institutional mechanism (WASH project priority setting, implementation and operation and maintenance) of Local Government Units on WASH sector
- Water and sanitation related staffs/ elected representatives of at least 12 Local Government Units capacitated on evidence based planning and effective implementation of WASH programme
2nd deliverables by 15 October 2018 (42 days): : Submission of 2 monthly report along with following outputs.
Progress report of planning of activities related with water supply, along with WASH in School and Health Care Facilities and total sanitation from at least 12 Palikas
3rd deliverables by 15 December 2019 (42 days): : Submission of 2 monthly report along with following outputs.
- Technical report of effective implementation and monitoring of WASH components (water supply, sanitation including school and health facility WASH) aligned with other sectoral components in at least 12 Palikas of province 6 and 7.
4th Deliverables by 31 January 2019 ( 30 days): Submission final report along with following outputs.
- Technical report of all completed WASH programme activities from 12 selected Palikas including school and health facility.
- Documentation of WASH success/learning cases stories from Palikas of Province 6 and 7.
- Academic qualification: Master degree in social science, public health or civil engineering with 3 years’ relevant experience on WASH sector or Bachelor degree in social science, public health or civil engineering with 5 years’ relevant experience on WASH sector.
- Has good experience in planning WASH components including good knowledge on sustainability aspects in province 6 and 7.
- Familiar with current local government /province structure about the sector policies, guidelines and implementation modalities, implementing partner of the WASH sector stakeholders in the region and sanitation/hygiene in particular.
- Good communication and facilitation skills to carry out triggering events at regional, district, school and community level, integrating DRR and CCA in WASH planning as required;
- Good understanding of sector diversity and able to generate consensus among the multi-sector stakeholders for a common universal goal of GON “access to water and sanitation to all”.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Nepal Standard Time
Applications close: Nepal Standard Time