UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarship Scheme
The new UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarship Scheme is now available for all new international students to study in Australia. The UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarship Scheme is a cornerstone of the UNSW 2025 Strategy, and aims to attract new PhD scholars of exceptional quality to undertake projects in strategic research areas. There are 125 Scholarships available per year.
The UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarship Scheme aims to attract candidates of exceptional quality into strategic research areas in an environment of research excellence, mentoring, career development, leadership and community.
The School of Public Health and Community Medicine (SPHCM) is a leader in public health, community medicine, health management and health systems strengthening. The school’s mission is to promote health, prevent disease and to strengthen health systems and is at the forefront of research and education.
Expression of Interest for the 2019 round of the UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarship Scheme Program is now open, and will close at 11.59pm on 20 July 2018.
UNSW is now recruiting new PhD scholars of exceptional quality to work on research projects aligned with UNSW’s ten year strategy. These prestigious scholarships offer unique benefits, individualised support and guaranteed funding to reach your personal development goals. Candidates are matched with our best researchers who have demonstrated excellence in supervision, and will work in research areas aligned with UNSW’s strategic goals. For further information please refer to the UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarships website
These prestigious scholarships includes:
- a stipend of $40,000 per annum for four years
- tuition fees covered for the full 4 year period
- a support package of up to $10,000 per annum for support of development activities, international collaboration and other related expenses
- work on high quality research projects with the best supervisory teams in world class environments
- coaching and mentoring will form a critical part of your highly personalised leadership development plan
- commence their candidature in either semester of 2019
Both international and domestic applications are strongly encouraged. The split between domestic and international will be determined solely on excellence and meeting disciplinary and strategic selection criteria.
- Step 1 Prospective Applicants identify a UNSW Scientia Scholarship Scheme project and supervisory team with which they would like to be involved
- Step 2 Prospective Applicants submit an expression of interest to the supervisory team via the Apply website and provide information on their research experience and qualifications.
- Step 3 If a prospective applicant’s experience and skills match the supervisory team expectations, they will contact applicant to discuss the project and the next steps to take
- Step 4 Supervisory team nominates up to 2 applicants for consideration
- Step 5 Nominated applicants will be invited to submit a full application, which should be done in consultation with the supervisory team
- Step 6 Applicants must use the Apply Online system to complete their application and upload the application form. Step7 Applications assessed by Faculties and SHARPest Committee
- Step 8 Applications ranked and scholarship allocations made. Offers made in early November.
Each scholarship is awarded for a period of four years full-time equivalent (FTE). No scholarship extensions for overtime study (over 4 years FTE) will be provided.