University of Bradford Global Development Scholarship
The University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships (formerly known as Countries in Crisis Scholarships) are intended to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
There are 2 Global Development Scholarships and 5 Bestway Scholarships (the Bestway Scholarship is for students from Pakistan). The University of Bradford is a public, plate glass university located in the city of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England.
Please read all the requirements carefully:
- These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are from a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc. The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
- You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- You must send proof of your results with your application form. Any evidence sent after your application will not be accepted.
- Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
- You must now already have the required English qualifications to be able to study your chosen course, we will not be able to consider your application unless you meet these requirements. Details of the qualifications we accept can be found on website. Please note that we also accept the WAEC qualification at a grade C6 or higher for students from certain African countries.
Minimum entry requirements
You must already meet the minimum academic and English Language entry requirements for your chosen course to be able to apply for the scholarship.
Who can apply?
Students from the list of eligible countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel.
The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
How to apply
Please be aware that you will need to submit a personal statement as part of your application outlining how the situation in your country has affected you and/or your family, the reasons why you want to come to Bradford and study your chosen programme and how you will use this qualification when you return to your country
What happens next?
The Scholarship panel will consider your application in June.
If you are successful you will be asked to submit a programme application to the University and provide proof of your qualifications and level of English Language, plus an academic reference. You will then need to secure a Visa to study here at Bradford. We will be able to guide you through this process.
Please note – only successful students will be notified of the outcome. If you have not heard from us by 30 June then your application has not been successful.
Closing date: 15 May 2017.