Tsinghua International Summer School 2018
Duration: 16-27 July 2018
The scholarship covers the following:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Housing (on-campus accommodation for international students for the two-week period, mainly en-suite single rooms)
Basic accident insurance for the two-week period in Beijing Scholarship students are required to cover their own airfare costs, and adequate personal medical insurance for their stay in China , as required by both Tsinghua University and Chinese visa applications.
Packed into two exciting weeks, this summer program opens up to you the fascinating and diverse world of China. Guided by a standout team of experts in their field, you will be taught how global issues play out in the Chinese context through interactive classes and panels. With 13 special China-focused tracks to choose from, you can hone in on your specific academic interest including Economy, City development and Environment, Innovation, Education, and Humanities etc.
Today’s dynamic China cannot just be understood from the classroom. That’s why this summer program emphasizes really experiencing China, through excursions and on-site trips. Alongside this, Students are given the opportunity to gain insight into Chinese culture and the Tsinghua spirit through various cultural experience activities.
With the summer school’s 300 strong international cohort you have the wonderful opportunity to make new friends from all corners of the globe. You will gain skills in cross-cultural communication, a key skill required for tomorrow’s future leaders, and also sharpen your interdisciplinary mindset.
After successfully completing the summer school, students will receive an official transcript and 2 academic credits from Tsinghua University.
- Must be at least 18 but no more than 30 years of age as of July 15th, 2018; be currently attending college/university; and be in good health;
- The program is conducted in English; students are required to provide proof of English proficiency if their first language or teaching language in home institution is not English; please provide one of the following documents as reference:
- IELTS (a score of 6.5 or above)
- TOEFL (a score of 85 or above)
- Other (such as a letter of reference from your institution to prove that your English ability is of a sufficient enough level for learning and communication)
Please complete the application form in English. The receipt of your application will be acknowledged by email within ten working days of submission. Application period: January 18th – May 31st. Please email your application form with your curriculum vitae, official full academic transcript, photocopy of passport photo page, one electronic copy of your passport-sized photo and proof of proficiency in English (if applicable) to: email@example.com