Training and Field Supervisor- One Heart World- Wide
One Heart World- Wideis an International Non-governmental Organization that has been working in the area of maternal and child health for the past ten years. OHW has been in Nepal since 2010 supporting MOH to strengthen district health system to improve maternal and neonatal health services across entire districts where it worked. We are implementing OHW’s approach of Network of Safety for mothers and newborns in ten districts and is in the process of scaling in the newer districts in the coming years. OHW is seeking experienced and result-oriented Nepali professionals for the following Position.
Job Position: Training and Field Supervisor
Duty Station: Illam District Headquarter with frequent travel to rural areas
Responsible to: District Coordinator
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide close and continuous support to implement “Network of Safety” for mothers and children including Birthing Centers, equipment, BPP, PPH,MNH update and HFOMC strengthening and community level advocacy.
- Identify program needs and the logistics at health facilities and ensure timely delivery at the designated local health facilities.
- Manage OHW supported training activities in the district
- Provide technical support visits to birthing centers, health workers and FCHVs with special focus on quality of services and capacity building on data collection, reporting, recording and clinical skills.
- Frequent field visits to facilitate the implementation process, training, program follow up and to collect routine data (annual, quarterly and monthly) from health facilities and communities.
- Develop a network to collect and monitor all maternal and neonatal deaths in the district and undertake follow-up visits to every household where deaths have occurred to verify the death and identify causes of death.
- Mapping local government in the program district and collecting routine data from health facilities and communities in its catchment areas.
- Any other job assigned by the Supervisor or program managers
- Take active lead to build sound relationships with District (Public) Health Office, local government offices, program focal person, health facility staff, community stakeholders and female community health volunteers in order to maintain program schedule and achieve program deliverables at the field level
- Coordinate to ensure logistics and daily activities in all program locations.
- Participate, represent and co-ordinate at the district, facility level and community level
- Work together with the supervisor to conduct the performance review and development plan annually.
- Contribute to prepare regular progress reports, technical deliverables, presentations, and district work plans
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress report.
- Prepare reports on all maternal/pregnancy related deaths and neonatal deaths, including causes of death.
- With minimum PCL nursing or Health Assistant level training with 4 years of experience in the maternal and child health or Bachelor level education in the health sciences with 2 years of experience in related field.
- Good clinical skills, and experience in working with MoH health services.
- Experiences in Public Health and Maternal Child Health areas and completion of SBA training will be an additional advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in program and community level training.
- Practical experience in facilitation and interaction with government counterpart/local stakeholders at different local health facilities, and ability to deal with various stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience using MS-Office packages and statistical packages, email and internet.
- Good verbal and written communication in English and Nepali.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of working in a team in a multi-cultural environment
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Ability to function as a self-starter with limited supervision.
- Must be a Nepali Citizen.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, Please click the link: https://goo.gl/forms/5WEy88S5tIbOn0e23 and complete all relevant fields on the online application form then submit your application letter with recent resume by 5:00 PM 22 May 2018.