The Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University Second Annual Crossroads Program
The 2018 program will run from September 23 – 28, 2018 at the DIFC Academy of the Dubai International Financial Centre (Dubai, UAE).
Leading Harvard faculty will teach an intensive, multi disciplinary four-day curriculum in Dubai, for accomplished, motivated youth.
This program is a collaboration between the Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University, Harvard Business School Club of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the Dubai International Financial Centre, with the support of Air Arabia, the Carlton Hotel, Dubai Future Accelerators, and Emirates Grand Hotel.
- Class size: up to 60 students
- 150 candidates will be shortlisted. Short listed candidates will be asked to submit a 2 minute video sharing their leadership experience and why they should be considered for the program.
- Location: Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
- Cost: FREE (The program will cover the costs of international travel, board, lodging and class materials. Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.)
- Application deadline: Tuesday May 15th, 2018 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Questions: Write to email@example.com
- Holder of a valid passport from South Asia (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Myanmar, the Maldives), the Middle East or Africa.
- The first member of a family—or the first generation within a family—to attend college
- Demonstrate financial need
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate in a college, can provide proof they begin undergraduate studies in Fall 2018, OR a recent graduate from a college (within three years)
- Fluency in English
- Must be able to travel to an Air Arabia destination city. A list of Air Arabia destination cities can be found here
Please look below for applications to apply to the Crossroads Program.
You will need to submit the following materials:
- Online application through CARAT. Instructions to apply through CARAT are here. Please read these instructions thoroughly before contacting the Crossroads Program Team.
- Copy of Passport*
- Academic transcript* official or unofficial document showing the students grades.
- A personal statement of 600 words or less describing why you are applying for this program* Documents must be in English, double-spaced, and in 12-point size font.
- Two letters of recommendation uploaded directly to CARAT.* Letters should offer insight into the students academic achievements and their ability to take on challenges. Letters must be in English.
*PDF files are preferred for application materials.
Any applications that are not in English will not be considered. Any applications that do not have both recommendation letters by May 15, 2018, 11:59 PM EST will not be considered, and therefore will not be considered.
Please consult the Frequently Asked Questions before reaching out to the Crossroads Program Team. If you have any additional questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org