it started its work in Nepal from 2005. Usually referred as technical expert for acute malnutrition in Nepal, it has been operational in different parts of the country addressing undernutrition through integrated approach following the Nepal Government’s Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan. The organization was successful in bringing attention of the government, key donors, UN agencies and stakeholders to address severe acute malnutrition both in terms of treatment and prevention through Generation Nutrition Campaign where more than 39 different organizations shown their solidarity. Currently operational in 5 districts (Makwanpur, Nawalparasi, Nuwakot, Saptari and Rasuwa), it is fighting hunger through different programme intervention viz. Nutrition and Health, Mental Health and Care practices, WASH, and food security & livelihood. The organization now seeks to strengthen its initiatives around Disaster Risk Reduction to help establish integrated and resilience building approach to all its programmes.
- Support in capacity building; assessment and recruitment of children under 5 years and on the job coaching
- Support in coordination, communication, linkages and social mobilization
- Conduct social and behaviour change communication activities
- Support logistics, transport and supply chain management
- Support recording, documentation
- Supportive supervision, monitoring and reporting
- Bachelors degree with two (2) years of experience in public health, nutrition, development studies, nutrition and dietetics, social science or relevant discipline.
- Significant experiences in Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) / Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) programme and / Nutrition in Emergency (NiE) is mandatory
- Good computer skills including Microsoft office package Good knowledge of statistical and other M&E applications software like ENA, SPSS etc is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation, presentation, capacity building and communication skills
- Good standard of written and spoken Nepali and English language
- Ability to work in diverse environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good organizational skill with a strong attention to detail Ability to conduct/organize workshops and meetings independently Willing to travel as required
VACANCY REF: ACFNNHNUWTO