Survey Manager- The Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS)
International Health and Development
Interested in a career that focuses on positively impacting quality of life and influencing global and national policies in the developing world? Then look at ICF. Backed by 30+ years of experience and a worldwide network of development professionals, we help clients promote sustainable development and build in-country capacity in leading areas such as global health, food security, climate change, and clean energy.
The Survey Manager is responsible for coordinating the implementation of Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) in one or more countries. This involves:
- Working with host country implementing organizations and other survey stakeholders to implement The DHS Program surveys and activities to meet data needs within budget and time constraints;
- Negotiating and/or managing local cost budgets with host country implementing organizations;
- Providing direct technical assistance to countries in various stages of the survey process, e.g., questionnaire adaptation, field staff training, fieldwork monitoring, report writing, and dissemination of the survey findings; and
- Assuring that DHS protocols are followed to ensure data quality and timeliness.
Many DHS surveys involve collection of biomarkers, such as anemia, malaria and HIV testing, as well as measuring height and weight. Survey managers provide guidance on these issues, in consultation with the biomarker team at DHS.
The position involves approximately 25-30% travel mainly to countries in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
- Master’s degree in demography, epidemiology, public health, or a similar topic.
- 3-6 years of experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential and fluency in one or more of the following languages is preferred: French, Spanish, or Arabic.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience in survey work preferred.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)