Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist – FHI 360: FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for The Fleming Fund Country Grant for Nepal for tackling antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in Nepal funded by the UK Government through Department of Health and Social Care and managed by Mott MacDonald – the Fleming Fund Management Agent and implemented by FHI 360 Nepal in collaboration with the Antimicrobial Resistance Containment Multi-sectoral and Steering Committee (AMRCSC) and National Technical Working Committee for the position of Senior Surveillance and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist:
Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist
Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist will be responsible for oversight of activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/antimicrobial use (AMU) surveillance in humans and animals and manage the country grant program data. This position is based in Kathmandu with frequent field visits (30 percent or more) in different parts of Nepal.
- Provide technical leadership in design, planning, implementation, monitoring, data analysis, report preparation and sharing of AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals.
- Provide technical assistance to National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL), Central Veterinary Laboratory (CVL) and AMR/AMU surveillance sites to collect, refine and analyze the AMR/AMU surveillance data.
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to AMRSC, National Technical Working Committee, and AMR/AMU technical working group (TWG) quarterly and annually.
- Provide technical leadership in mapping of distribution pathways of antibiotics in humans and animals.
- Lead, coordinate and support to design, develop, and conduct surveillance- and M&E-related training.
- Support to prepare monitoring plan, and conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to NPHL, CVL and AMR/AMU surveillance sites.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team on surveillance and M&E-related activities.
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements.
- Lead and coordinate to develop/revise and implementation of the M&E Plan for the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Nepal.
- Lead and coordinate to develop/adapt recording and reporting system, tools and guidelines as per the requirements of the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Nepal.
- Manage country grant program data, recording and reporting and ensure quality of the data.
- Support to prepare quarterly report including good practices, lessons learnt and success stories.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Team Leader, Project Director, and/or Country Director.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and three years’ experience or a Bachelor’s degree in public health or other relevant subjects and five years’ experience in managing and conducting epidemiological and/or social science research and surveillance in public health.
- Experience in standard statistical methods/tools in research and with quantitative and qualitative research method.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and use in public health.
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience of AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
The above job descriptions summarize the main duties of the job, and neither prescribe nor restrict the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at http://www.fhi360.org/careers
Deadline for application: September 21, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.