Senior Research Associate- Nepal Development Research Institute
Nepal Development Research Institute (NDRI) is a Policy Research Institute involved in high quality research and development activities. NDRI is starting a major two-year programme of work on tobacco control – the “NDRI Tobacco Control Program”. This work will produce research and policy analysis on a critical issue for Nepalis future and Nepali’s health. The work is being supported by Cancer Research UK (CRUK). We are seeking candidate for Senior Research Associate (SRA) to play a lead technical and management role for this program. The position also offers unique opportunities for professional development with substantial advice, support and capacity building being available across the two years.
Position: Senior Research Associate
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Lalitpur, Nepal
Experience Required : More than or equals to 3 years
- Education to Masters degree level or equivalent; specialism in Economics, health economics, Public Health and public policy are particularly desirable
- Strong analytical skills, and the confidence to apply these skills across a range of interesting policy challenges. The candidate will be interested in developing his or her practical applied research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including proven ability to write effective research and advocacy documents. The candidate will be confident presenting to a range of different audiences and managing relationships with the project Advisory Group, government officials and with a wide range of stakeholders
- Project management experience. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in managing projects and staff. The role will involve managing a small team of researchers, and overseeing the day to day management of several different primary and secondary research strands
- Policy development and advocacy. The candidate will have experience of developing influential policy and of advocating for change, ideally within a government context
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenging next role, which offers potential to develop their project leadership and management skills. Substantial capacity building and development support will be provided through our international partners, across the range of core think tank skills, including analysis, policy development, communications and advocacy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an early career researcher and policy professional, with at least 3-4 years’ experience of working in research and policy. The role will focus on a range of challenging and interesting policy issues on tobacco control, with access to a substantial package of professional development and support.
Interested candidate matching the requirements are encouraged to submit their updated resume with a cover letter with expected remuneration at email@example.com not later than 13th September, 2019 within office hour. Telephone inquiry will not be entertained.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further selection process. NDRI reserves the right to accept or reject any application without assigning any reason whatsoever.