Response Team Leader, Bangladesh – Save The Children
Save The Children currently looking for Response Team Leader to be based in Bangladesh.
The Team Leader will generally be deployed to manage a Category 1 response, and to provide response oversight and strategic direction to the country programme in collaboration with the Country Director and the Operations and/or Humanitarian Director. In rare occasions, the Team Leader will be deployed to out of area responses and will be reporting directly to the relevant regional office or SCI centre. The Team Leader is responsible for identifying needs and resources and elaborating programmatic, operational, strategic and leadership recommendations for the emergency response in line with Save the Children national and global priorities. The post-holder will develop and manage programmes or country support functions and negotiate and network at an international level. They will ensure that all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies are in place. The post holder will play a leading role in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children emergency programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children
Qualifications and experience
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role and within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state setting; and/or extensive experience of setting up responses in out of area contexts (either where no SC presence or CO presence); and/or extensive experience of working in high income contexts
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale/complex, first phase emergency response is essential
- Degree or equivalent field experience
- Senior management experience of leading a diverse, multi-function and/or multi-sector team at a Country Director or other relevant SMT level.
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA) of GBP 5m+ in a first phase response at regional or country level
- Multi-site security management in insecure environments
- Experience of international level representation with key stakeholders, and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Experience of international media representation and advocacy
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems in large complex programmes
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Experience working in Bangladesh or in any south Asian countries.
Contract length: 12 months
Save The Children employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. Save The Children also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
Save The Children is working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
To Note – The applications for this emergency response will be reviewed on a daily basis and the role may be closed prior to the closing date.