Reflection in Global Health Education and Practice Essay Contest
Requirements for Essays
- The essay must be written while the applicant fits into one of the three contest categories described below, must be the work of a single author, and must represent original work. Essays must not have been previously published in print or electronic format.
- Entries must be in English, at least 11 point font, doubled-spaced, and must not exceed 1,000 words.
- Essay should be written in Microsoft or OpenOffice document.
- Do not put your name or any other identifying information on the document. Mention of any other individuals in the document should conform to anonymity standards to ensure privacy.
- Include the title of your essay on all pages of your word document submission.
- Only ONE submission per person.
- Essays not meeting all requirements will be disqualified from the contest.
- trainees (post secondary to post graduate levels),
- practitioner/faculty, and
- trainees for whom English is not the primary language.
Monetary prizes of $500 and a waiver of the CUGH 2019 conference registration fee will be awarded to the three winners. A number of honorable mentions will be selected for a special reading and recognition session at the conference.
How to submit
Please include the following information in the body of your email:
- First Name then Last Name
- Title of Essay
- Phone Number
- Email Address (reachable even after graduation)
- School/Sponsoring Institution/Training Program where enrolled or affiliated
- Degree Program (if applicable)
- Indicate category of submission (IMPORTANT!)
c. Trainees from low-middle income countries where English is not the official language
Submissions are due by midnight EST on September 30, 2018. Decisions on winners and runner-ups will be announced on November 5, 2018. A select group of winners will be invited to read their essays at the 2019 CUGH Annual Conference in Chicago, IL.