- Skill in computer orientation (MS office package, including excel spread sheet and emails).
- Fluent in reading writing /listening in Nepalese, standard in English in those in English.
- Assessment,analytical and planning skills.
- Good understanding of the health and hygiene risks of IDPs, poor rural and urban communities and of appropriate ways of tackling them. Must be aware of and sensitive to the particular needs of women in this context.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety.
- Job Description
- In collaboration with other members of the WASH team, conduct assessments and baseline studies in order to identify WASH-related health risks and priorities.
- Support to collect, record and interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Use assessment data to design participatory PHP interventions appropriate for the local context and culture.
- Provide regular update reports (including data collects, minutes from meetings, and key achievements for the week)
- Ensure WASH committees and volunteers are able to supervise, manage and monitor the WASH facilities and mobilize IDPs/affected communities in taking action to improve high risk hygiene practices.
- Ensure the Implementation of hygiene promotion interventions for specific target groups e.g. school children, women and men groups.
- Facilitate the implementation of the WASH program focusing on promoting the communities resilience to future emergencies
- Provide regular and reliable narrative reports
- To monitor and report to the management the community level key issues and security incidents that impacts to the staff and program
- Coordination with PHP assistant and other team members to ensure coherent and consistent programming.
- Maximize the value of integrated working with PHE, gender, EFSVL and logistics teams
- Facilitate communication and cohesive working between PHEs and PHPs