Typical work for a fellow includes:
- Working with teams involved in research and development of public health information systems
- Conducting informatics evaluations on complex public health information systems.
- Contributing to CDC’s emergency response activities
- Providing technical assistance to state and local health departments and international public health agencies through short-term assignments, or Info-Aids.
- Meet the educational, informatics, public health, and research experience outlined below.
- Be willing to commit to a 2-year full-time program
- Be willing to relocate to your assignment. Most assignments are at CDC Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, however relocation may be required to one of the assignment locations listed below:
- Washington, DC
- Fort Collins or Denver, Colorado
- Hyattsville, Maryland
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Public health, medicine, health care, health services research
- Computer science, information science, information systems
- Public health informatics or related discipline
- Public health informatics
- Health informatics or related field
- Information systems
- Information science
- Computer science
- Information technology
Public Health Experience
- Public health
- Related healthcare profession
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents must:
- Meet all education and experience requirements.
- Be eligible for a J-1 Visa and H-1B under the Research Scholar category (CDC will sponsor the J-1 visa for those selected for PHIFP).
- Contact information
- Post-graduate training and skills
- Work and volunteer experience
- Publications, presentations, and grants
- Honors and awards
- Personal statement (in essay form) of 1,000 words or less addressing the following questions:
- What are your career plans after graduating from PHIFP? Why?
- How will PHIFP help you fulfill these plans?
- How will PHIFP complement your previous training and experience?
- Applicant survey
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial college or university transcripts
All applications and supporting materials must be received by the deadline.
Late applications will not be considered.
APPLY NOW : CLICK HERE