JGSS, in partnership with Oxfam, is implementing Nepal Earthquake Recovery 2017 in Sindhupalchok. The project aims to provide assistance to population of the most vulnerable and poor, earthquake affected population of Hagam, Pangtang, Baramchi of Jugal rural municipality and Kadambas and few wards of Chautara Municipality of the district through the restoration of WASH facilities and promotional activities, Shelter, DRR, food security and vulnerable livelihood and gender and protection. In order to execute the project activities in aforementioned clusters, we are hiring competent staffs for the following positions.
- Under leadership of Public Health Engineering (PHE)officer, the post holder support to plan, implement and monitor PHE program at field level ensuring result oriented quality program delivery for WASH program.
- Reporting Lines
- Post holder reports to: Public Health Engineering (PHE)officer
- Staff reporting to this post: None
- Under the guidance of the PHE Officer involve in designing and delivering training for implementing community (water committees, construction and masons, operation and maintenance technicians).
- Undertake field visits to supervise and assist in implementation of the activities and take appropriate measures to tackle operation problems affecting the implementation processes and quality of the intervention.
- Ensure that work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to the community needs and gender issues.
- Promote the full and equal participation of women in all aspect of the work.
- Technical support to handle the PHE activities such as WASH in School, WASH in health post, Public latrine, water supply scheme.
- Support to form construction committee, water user committee in WASH (WASH in School, WASH in health post, Public latrine, water supply scheme)
- To maintain record of attendance of labor,
- Act as focal person in community on “Public Health Engineering” aspects to ensure assessment; design, proposals, implementation, monitoring and evaluation meet the engineering norms and standards in every site.
- Coordinate with PHP team to ensure quality in work
- Support to collect the public health engineering data, develop clear specifications, bill of quantities, request orders,
- Overseer with 2 years’ experience in WASH or Sub overseer with 5 years’ experience
- Prior proven experience in WASH such as WASH in School, WASH in health post, Public latrine, water supply scheme.
- Good social mobilization, motivation and community sensitization skills
- Strong planning, analytical and strategic thinking skills .
- Knowledge about gender and protection
- Good written and spoken English and Nepali.