Job Title: Public Health Communications Officer
Job Location: New Delhi, India
Description of Position
Fixed-term 12 month contract, renewable dependent on performance and availability of funds.
Initially for 1 year, with 3 months probation.
- People’s Health Movement (PHM) is a global network of organisations and individuals committed to the advancement of health for all and social justice. The PHM is comprised of country circles in more than 80 countries, and networks and affiliated organisations at the regional and global level. The programmes and activities of PHM are supported by a decentralised Secretariat, under the PHM Global Coordinator.
- PHM has 4 major global programmes. These are: an alternative world health report, Global Health Watch (GHW), a book published so far in 5 editions ; the International People’s Health University (IPHU) that provides training for young activists of PHM; the Health for All Campaign (HFAC) creates linkages between and an overarching framework for PHM’s country circles campaigns on key issues; the World Health Organisation (WHO) Watch which is an intervention in global health governance through involving activists in documenting and critiquing resolutions and proceedings of the WHO governing bodies.
- Elaborate and develop the internal and external communication strategy of PHM and contribute to its communications through different channels including website, social media, online platforms etc.
- Coordinate the development of position papers, briefing notes, primers on issues of interest to PHM as requested by the Global Coordinator;
- Support the coordination and implementation of PHM’s global programmes (WHO Watch, IPHU, GHW and HFAC) and contribute to the overall development of these programmes;
- Coordinate with the Steering Council and with point persons of PHM’s country circles on specific tasks as assigned by the Global Coordinator.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of PHM and the ability to articulate its vision and work
- Contribute to other activities as requested
Reporting to: PHM Global Coordinator and Sama Resource Group for Women and Health, New Delhi
Required Skills and Competencies:
- At least 6 years experience in public health, communications
- Post Graduate in Social Sciences/Social Work or Public Health ; or relevant significant (at least 3 years) professional experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Word and Excel, or their open source alternatives.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Additional foreign language is an advantage (preferably French, Spanish or Arabic).
- Prior engagement with health and access to medicines activism is an advantage.
- Demonstrable ability to work virtually.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines
Salary package: 7.5 to 9.5 lakh INR per annum (all inclusive before tax) depending on relevant work experience.
To apply: Send your application expression of interest, CV and 2 contactable references by 25 February 2019 to the global secretariat of PHM. The above documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc it to email@example.com with a subject line of ‘ job application’
Expected date of joining: 1 March 2019