Project Coordinator (Partner Advisor)- Welthungerhilfe (WHH): Welthungerhilfe (WHH) was established under the umbrella of the FAO (UN Food and Agriculture Organization) in 1962 and started as the German section of the “Freedom from Hunger Campaign” – one of the first global campaigns to fight hunger. Today it is one of Germany’s leading non-governmental organizations with a dual-mandate in both development cooperation and emergency response. Non-profit making, non-denominational and politically independent, Welthungerhilfe works to create a world in which all people can exercise their right to a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty. To bring justice for all, WHH partners with civil society organizations in the countries where it operates, and is currently partnering with over 100 local partners in 39 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America (www.welthungerhilfe.de). In 2016, Welthungerhilfe supported 8.4 million people with 407 projects abroad.
WHH is operational in Nepal since 2012, and is currently managing different project in nine districts under three programme thematic areas (sectors): food and nutrition security; right to food and empowerment; and EQ rehabilitation and disaster risk reduction. Our overall goal is to work hand in hand with civil society in Nepal to empower socially marginalized and economically poor citizens to reinforce their resilience and to ensure their right to adequate food and nutrition.
Welthungerhilfe Nepal is seeking for Project Coordinators (Partner Advisor) for our programme in Saptari, Siraha, Rautahat and Chitwan districts in the areas of Nutrition. The positions are district-based.
Location: Any of the project districts with at least 60% field visits to the project targeted communities.
Job purpose: To oversee implementation and track the project results, coordinate project partners and project stakeholders i.e., local authorities and report to WHH Country Office. This also includes partner facilitation, efficient and timely implementation of project according to detailed implementation and budget planning and monitoring, ensuring the success of the project as per MEAL framework and project’s log-frame, and contributing to further development and expansion of the country programme.
Responsible to: Programme Manager (Thematic Leads)
The specific responsibilities include:
- Supervise assessments and baseline/mid-line/end-line studies in coordination with implementing partners.
- Analyze technical data including appropriate governance, market and food and nutrition security indicators to direct program implementation priorities.
- Ensure application of MEAL framework in project, including periodic progress review and recommend adjustment as necessary.
- Responsible for results-based program and budget monitoring with regular field visits.
- Ensure field level project documentation and narrative/financial reporting according to donor and WHH regulations and report to Program Manager to reflect achievements of the project targets.
- Provide regular and reliable narrative and financial reports reflecting lessons learned
- Contribute to development of program implementation approaches and strategies in line with overall Welthungerhilfe Country Program.
- Ensure integration of good governance, RBA and GESI throughout the project cycle.
- Ensure gender sensitive key food and nutrition practices are addressed and define an appropriate communications strategy to promote safe practices.
- Coordinate, network and develop cooperation with Rural Municipalities/Municipalities/district level authorities, I/NGOs at provincial and regional government institutes, private sectors, thematic networks and other relevant stakeholders.
- Attend and represent WHH in relevant meetings at local, district, provincial and national level.
- Ensure project implementation is in line with governmental regulations/ procedures (e.g. site selection) and do not duplicate activities proposed or carried out by GoN or other organizations.
- Collect and document best practices, case studies, stories and photos.
- Ensure adherence to Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) in project implementation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager or Country Director.
Qualification and Experience :
For Project Coordinator (Partner Advisor) Nutrition Smart Village
- Master’s in public health or Nutrition or Agriculture with at least five years of professional experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and understanding of food and nutrition security strengthening, CMAM/ Community-managed acute malnutrition, and nutrition awareness and promotion.
- Excellent in written and spoken English and Nepali languages.
- Excellent report writing, case study formulation, and inter-personal communication skills.
- Familiarity to work with website, online/offline gadgets & intranet applications incl. social media.
- Excellent partner management and facilitation skills
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills
- Ability to integrate gender and social inclusion components and rights-based approaches assessing the context and situations Creative, flexible and pro-active, willingness to learn and to share knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Power point) and web-based communications systems/technologies
- Valid Driver’s License, able to ride a motorcycle in off-road conditions.
Desired qualification and experience:
The local language (Bhojpuri/ Maithali/ Bajika/Chepang) will be an asset for the position.
Knowledge and experience of digital-based data collection and analysis.
Teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to work under pressure is desirable.
Political and cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Candidates meeting above criteria are requested to apply with an Application Form downloaded from www.jobsnepal.com/applicationform email@example.com by 19 February 2019, 05:00 pm. Women and candidates from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. This is the re-announcement of positions, therefore, candidates applied before should not apply. Please mention the Position Title in the Subject Line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the selection process.