Project Coordinator- Health Insurance- Save the Children: Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share. Save the Children invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates, who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity, for the following position(s):
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Operation Department, Health, Nutrition & HIV/AIDS
LOCATION: Country Office, Kathmandu
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed-term
- Provide strategic, managerial and technical support to “Strengthening Health Security Schemes in Nepal” funded by MISEREOR to improve the access of vulnerable children and families on social protection in health through effective implementation of national health security schemes (health insurance program) of government of Nepal
- Work in close coordination with Health Insurance Board and development partners to provide technical support in designing, implementing and revising health insurance policy, programs, strategies in Nepal along with providing inputs to national plan of action and programs of HIB
- Engage with government and implementing partners on health insurance policy discussion, development, reformation, dissemination and publication
- To provide technical inputs to government and development partners in key aspects of health insurance design and implementation: enrolment strategies, premium rates, benefit packages to ensure appropriate risk pooling, cross subsidization required to pursue universal health coverage
- To support health insurance related IEC/BCC production, printing and distribution in project target districts of MISEREOR to increase awareness of the people on importance of health security and influence enrolment into the scheme
- Support in roll-out of social health insurance program in the agreed districts with HIB (Bardiya, Mohattari, Sarlahi, Banke, Dhading)
- To support in capacity building of the government staffs in management of health security scheme and strengthen the health insurance program through joint monitoring, program reviews and workshops
Related reading: Social Health Security (Health Insurance) Program in Nepal
Managerial and financial responsibilities
- Manage the project (interventions, finances and human resources) in line with the approved project documents in consultation with supervisor and ensure quality results
- Oversee day-to-day operations and management of activities for each of the project components-ensuring coordination between the team members in different components- to ensure that all components are in tandem.
- Maintain regular communication with donor for both technical and operational aspects of the project
- Ensure timely planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and documentation/reporting of the project activities
- Monitor the financial expenditure regularly and ensure adequate burn rate of the project funds with support from finance department
- Identify and manage national consultants providing short term technical assistance to project activities, as planned and when required
Documentation, reporting, research and learning
- Ensure that all donor reports required by Save the Children are produced on time and are of a consistently high quality
- Organize learning and knowledge sharing events at district and national level
- Take lead in program progress documentation, evaluation and research and dissemination of achievements and lessons learned with wider stakeholders
- Provide technical inputs in ongoing surveys, operational research under Health and Nutrition theme as per necessary and requirement
- Represent health insurance program at national and international level, as and when required
- Support Health and Nutrition team for smooth operation and quality results as and when required
- Update SC CO, H&N theme, government counterparts and EDPs about the project progress, challenges, way forward and sustainability approaches of the key achievements
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Represent SC within regional, national and international forum as per need
- Work as a resource person with different external visitors
- Participate in strategic planning process
- Work as team member in an emergency situation
- Support Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programs as well as being the leader in emergency preparedness and response for children.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)Accountability:
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Master of Public Health (specialization in health economics preferred ) with health science background (public health, nursing or medicine)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least three years of progressive work experience in health projects at managerial capacity in INGO/Bilateral/Multilateral agencies (two years for GSI group). Experience in health economics/health financing/health insurance will be an asset.
OFFICIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: MEROJOB.COM APPLICATION PROCESS: FOLLOW THE INSTRICTION OF MEROJOB.COM