Programme Team Leader- Oxford Policy Management
Position: Programme Team Leader
Posted: 05/02/2019 11:26
Deadline: 20/02/2019 23:59
Level: Senior Level Consulting
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Oxford Policy Management is looking for an outstanding Team Leader to manage our flagship “Nepal Health Sector Support” programme in Nepal, which seeks to build a resilient health system that delivers quality health services and ensuring no one is left behind. Oxford Policy Management is an international development consultancy committed to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform. Working in all areas of social and economic policy and governance, we seek to bring about lasting positive change through analytical and practical policy expertise. Through our global network of offices, we work in partnership with national decision makers to research, design, implement, and evaluate impactful public policy in over 100 countries. We draw on our local and international sector experts, alongside a network of expert associates and dedicated support staff, to provide the very best evidence-based support.
The Team Leader will provide inspirational, strategic, technical and managerial oversight of the Nepal Health Sector Support Programme. He/she will proactively lead a large team of experienced technical staff, to support the Nepal Ministry of Health & Population and deliver against its National Health Sector Strategy.
The Team Leader is accountable for the overall delivery of the programme, leading various consortium members and work stream advisors under a “one team approach”. Main responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic and technical leadership
- Overseeing and managing relations with client, government, counterparts and in country partners
- Providing efficient and cost-effective delivery of a high-quality programme that achieves its intended milestones and produces results
- Leading planning and budgeting of the programme and monitoring performance against plans
- Providing oversight of financial, due diligence, security and risk management
The successful applicant will possess:
- Strong technical expertise and a record of successful management and delivery of technical support in health systems strengthening in developing countries; preferably in Asia.
- Significant knowledge of government health systems in Asia, preferably experience of a long-term position in the region.
- Specialist knowledge of health systems strengthening, planning, and delivering technical assistance to build government capacity. Preferably specialist expertise in one or more of the following areas: delivery of essential health care services, human resources for health, health infrastructure, health financing, and governance.
- Supreme diplomacy, strong client and external liaison and communications skills, with experience of working in complex environments with government, donors and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding leadership, management and engagement skills, with the ability to inspire high quality work, provide support supervision, and empower team members. The ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to demonstrate firm but sensitive leadership to a large team of experienced technical staff.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter by Wednesday February 20th, 2019