Programme Policy Officer(Literacy Specialist) – The The United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Position: Programme Policy Officer (Literacy Specialist) (104035)
Requisition # 104035 –
Posted 06/03/2019 – Short Term-SC WFP – Asia, Southern – Nepal – Kathmandu
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Education, Public Health, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses;
Language: National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources to inform programme strategies and development;
- Ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialized fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring;
- Ability to develop thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g., government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen national or subnational entities and government owned food and nutrition security programmes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has five plus years of working experience and at least 3 year working in education;
- Experience in early grade reading and school curriculum development;
- Experience working in partnership with UN, NGOs, government and civil society;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Title: Programme Policy Officer (Literacy Specialist)
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC)
Grade: SC-8 (Equivalent to NO-A)
Contract Duration: 3 years
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Nationality: Nepalese only
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit an online application by 19 March 2019. To apply, please visit http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever. No telephone enquiries will be entertained. Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.