RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. Please visit our website at www.rti.org/globalhealth for more information on our work in global health.
USAID-Health for Life Project is seeking “Program Specialist: Health Services” candidate for the USAID-Health for Life (H4L) Project which is a five-year (2012-2017) project financed by USAID and working primarily in coordination with the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health (MoH). As a result, Health for Life Project has a significant national presence to support the testing and roll-out of national-level policies, guidelines and programs. In addition to the national focus, the Project covers 12 districts in the Mid-Western Development Region; 3 in the Western; one each in the Eastern, Central and Far-Western Regions; and in 10 (Dolakha, Dhading, Gorkha, Kavre, Makwanpur, Nuwakot, Ramechhap, Rasuwa, Sindhuli and Sindhupalchowk) most earthquake affected districts to strengthen district and village health systems and help identify and implement best practices. H4L collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and research institutions, training centers, media partners and civil society.
The primary goal of H4L is to strengthen the Government of Nepal’s capacity to plan, manage, and deliver high-quality and equitable family planning, maternal, newborn, and child health services. H4L activities directly address key health system constraints in the following areas: local health systems governance; data for decision making and evidence-based policy development; human resources management; quality improvement systems; and knowledge and behavior change. H4L collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and research institutions, training centers, media partners, and civil society. This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Provide technical assistance to Health Facility Development and Quality Section of the Management Division, Department of Health Services, on quality of care of health services
- Support design and development of Quality Improvement Data Management Information System and its implementation in peripheral health facilities
- Maintain national database on quality improvement, share findings with Child Health Division, Family Health Division, National Centre for AIDS and STD Control, Epidemiology and Disease Control Division, National Tuberculosis Center and other divisions and facilitate evidence informed quality improvement
- Support review of quality-related data received from health facilities and provide feedback to the district quality assurance working committee (or its successor body) and share report with Health Facility Development and Quality Section
- Support scale-up of Health Facility Quality Improvement System in peripheral health facilities
- Support development and dissemination of quality of care annual report
- Support regular technical working group meetings, technical advisory committee and steering committee meetings on quality of care
- Contribute to quality improvement related meetings with program Divisions and Centers of the Department of Health Services
- Assist organizing national or regional workshops/meetings pertaining to national QI (e.g., review meetings/workshops)
- Perform other similar duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of experience in public health, information systems, data management or other relevant major
- A demonstrated ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of stakeholders, including government officials, donor representatives and international institutions
- Experience working with the Government of Nepal is desired
- Prefer six months of data processing experience with emphasis in data integration and functions
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage both time and execution
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should submit a resume with contact information to Operations Manager, Health for Life (H4L), and P.O. Box: 3172, Lalitpur, Nepal or email:firstname.lastname@example.org ‘Application-Program Specialist: Health Services’ in the subject line. Deadline is 9 July 2017, however, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Telephone inquiry will not be entertained.