Program Officer (Clinical)- One Heart World- Wide
One Heart World- Wide is an International Non-governmental Organization that has been working in the area of maternal and child health for the past ten years. OHW has been in Nepal since 2010 supporting MOH to strengthen district health system to improve maternal and neonatal health services across entire districts where it worked. We are implementing OHW’s approach of Network of Safety for mothers and newborns in ten districts and is in the process of scaling in the newer districts in the coming years. OHW is seeking experienced and result-oriented Nepali professionals for the following Position.
Job Position: Program Officer (Clinical)
Duty Station: Dharan based with frequent field visits in OHW Eastern Cluster districts
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Purpose of the Post:
The primary function of the Program Officer is to provide clinical and technical support and run the clinical sessions in its program districts. This position reports to the Program Coordinator and works closely with the district based team. This position will ensure compliance with national guideline under ministry of health and technical divisions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Program Officer’s main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Under the direct supervision and direction of the Program Coordinator, the Program Officer will be responsible for following activities:
- Implement the MNCH related technical guideline as per national standards and protocols
- SBA follow up and enhancement to ensure the quality
- Onsite coaching and mentoring of SBA working in birthing centers
- Conduct a quality of care assessment in birthing centers and provide necessary feedback
- Run clinical sessions and trainings for SBA and health workers (MNH update, Infection prevention, birthing centers supervision etc.)
- Capacity building of field supervisors and clinical staff.
- Supervision and monitoring of the OHW program activities.
- Identify the clinical needs and gap and provide necessary suggestions.
- Ensure all the technical needs are met.
- Assist to determine the technical specification of the equipment, medical supplies as per request
- Provide technical inputs for innovative pilot projects.
- Participate in program planning and budgeting.
- Coordinate with district (public) health office, municipality/rural municipality in OHW program districts for smooth implementation of fieldactivities.
- Prepare technical presentations, training materials and other documents as per need.
- Excellent command in writing technical briefings and reports in English and Nepali.
- Willing to perform other tasks as asked by the senior management team members
- Bachelor in nursing with minimum 5 years of experience in related area
- Willing to make regular field trips in rural areas within the country
- Ability to coach and provide technical support
- Having in-depth knowledge on GoN health services delivery system
- Thorough knowledge on execution of maternal newborn health related clinical guidelines
- Through knowledge of SBA and midwifery trainings in Nepal
- Demonstrated experience in MS office package and basic compute applications
- Great attention to details and technical deliverable
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, and be proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Nepali;
- NHTC SBA certified will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, Please click the link:https://goo.gl/forms/5WEy88S5tIbOn0e23 and complete all relevant fields on the online application form then submit your application letter with recent resume by 5:00 PM 22 May 2018.