Helen Keller International (HKI), CARE, FHI 360, Nepali Technical Assistance Group (NTAG), Equal Access Nepal (EAN), Environment and Public Health Organization (ENPHO), Vijaya Resource development Centre (VDRC) is implementing USAID funded Suaahara II Program (SP II) in 40 districts, applications are invited from interested, committed, dynamic team players and experienced Nepali nationals for the following positions:
- Coordinate with other development organization to reduce duplication and share learning.
- Coordinate with Government of Nepal stakeholders to ensure mutual agreement and joint ownership of MER methods, techniques, aims, indicators, etc.
- Facilitate efforts, eg workshops, at national and district levels to generate information for decisions made by relevant stakeholders and to help strengthen the MSNP and HMIS system and ensure Suaahara II is aligned with the GoN HMIS.
- Manage the budget for all MER activities
- Manage all Suaahara MER applications to the Nepal Health Research Council (NHRC), accurately filling in all information as needed, describing all study objectives, procedures and instruments.
- Manage English and Nepali translation and transcriptions, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Hold responsibility for DQAs being completed on a periodic basis and regularly communicate both requirements for DQAs between KTM and district teams, as well as results of DQAs
- Responds promptly to program team requests, using data from a range of ongoing MER activities to ensure that information is shared in appropriate formats and used as needed for project planning and progress reviews
- PhD or Master’s degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Economics, Statistics, Demography/Population studies and/or related field
- As least 8 years’ experience in a monitoring, evaluation and research environment, with at least 5 years’ experience managing an M&E system. This experience, or some of it, should be within an integrated program or Public Health/Nutrition program
- An excellent understanding of the structure and purpose of MER systems for large-scale, complex, multi-sectoral programs and skills in synthesizing lessons learned from a wide range of data sources within the MER system.
- An excellent skills in data analysis and a thorough understanding of the key components of excellence in data quality.
- Establish and maintain mechanisms for data management, analysis, reporting/sharing and applying MER findings, lessons learned, and best practices among Suaahara II staff;
- Support MER team to continue to build skills of all team members in quantitative data analysis using Stata and other relevant data management and analysis software.
- Verify and ensure quality of existing new data and refine and update data collection methods to improve quality, when necessary and possible. Conduct and support Suaahara II MER-related trainings including those planned and facilitated by consortium partners, district teams, local PNGOs, and MER collaborators.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Public Health/Nutrition and/or related field.
- As least 5-7 years of experience in statistical analysis and managing large datasets related to monitoring and evaluation of development interventions.Trained and sound professional experience in statistical software packages such as SPSS, CSpro, GIS, Access and MS excel. Experience with at least descriptive analysis in Stata preferred.
- Experience in qualitative content analysis, MER work and designing tools for electronic surveys and studies would be an advantage
- A cover letter clearly describing your experiences and competencies that meet the position requirement
- Updated CV
- Minimum of two reference contact details (mobile and e-mail), including current employer
- Deadline for Submission: COB 14th July, 2017.