On the occasion of the upcoming World Breastfeeding Week (August 1 to 7, 2017), the SOCHAI- Youth For Nutrition, a network of youth volunteers working together for Nutrition at grass-root level is organizing a Photography Competition on the theme “NOURISH TO FLOURISH” in support of Social Development and Promotion Center (SDPC), a nongovernmental, nonprofit organization based in Lalitpur, Nepal.
- To raise awareness on importance of breastfeeding and complementary feeding for children
- To reduce the cultural taboos of public breastfeeding, objectification of breast and initiate an online discussion on it
- To inform public about role of mothers, fathers and family members in nourishing the child.
- The competition opens in July 8, 2017 and the deadline for submission of photograph is 1st August, 2017 ( 11 : 59 PM GMT +5:45 ). The winner will be declared during the breastfeeding week (August 1 to 7, 2017)
- Breastfeeding anywhere (Home, workplace, public place)
- Mother, Father or Family involved in caring for a child (feeding, playing, bathing, family supporting mother etc.)
- There will be altogether TWO winners in the competition
- Top professional photographer of Nepal, Mr. Chandra Shekhar Karki will be judging photographs to decide ONE winner
- The SECOND winner will be decided based on the number of likes received by the photograph on Facebook
- A certificate and CASH PRIZE (Rs. 5000 each) will be provided to the two winners
- ATTRACTIVE GIFT HAMPERS will be provided to selected Pregnant and Lactating Mothers who submit the photographs
- The winning photographs will be featured on “SADRISHYA”, an emerging online news portal site
- The competition is open to all Nepali of any age group, living in Nepal or abroad.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers, fathers, family members are highly encouraged to submit a photograph
- The photographs must be sent to email@example.com
- Only one entry is permitted per person, with a relevant caption and contact information ( Name, Address, Contact No. & Email I.D )
- The applicant must like the SOCHAI-Youth For Nutrition Page and share this post (make sure the post is made public)
- Stealing or copying others work is plagiarism, and those submissions will automatically disqualify participants from the competition.