Partnerships and Deployment Consultant- Medic Mobile
Medic Mobile builds mobile and web tools for health workers, helping them provide better care that reaches everyone. Operating as a unique, nonprofit technology company, we develop free and open-source tools that can be adapted for specific uses, backed by evidence. Health workers currently use Medic Mobile to register every pregnancy, immunize infants against illnesses, track disease outbreaks faster, keep stock of essential medicines, and communicate about emergencies. Medic Mobile has worked with over 60 partners across 23 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the US. Based in San Francisco with regional offices in Africa and Asia, our technology supports over 24,000 frontline health workers, improving health systems for over 12 million people.
Medic Mobile is growing! We have an opening for the following position and would like to invite applications from qualified candidates.
Position: Partnerships and Deployment Consultant (6 month contract)
We are looking to immediately hire a short-term Partnerships and Deployment Consultant on a 6 month contract to implement and manage Medic Mobile’s partnerships and deployments alongside key partners including the Ministry of Health and INGOs in Nepal.
Are you passionate about global health and technology, working at the grassroots level, and collaborating with people from varied cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds? We’d love to hear from you!
Please treat the pre-requisite qualifications more as guidelines than as a non-negotiable checklist. We expect that you are a quick learner and equally quick to adapt to new and changing technologies. Our team is spread around the world, and we need someone who enjoys working virtually. Ideally, you are proactive, a strong written and verbal communicator, self-directed, self-motivated, passionate about Medic Mobile’s mission, and excited to join a dynamic, growing team.
- Employment Status: Full-time consultant for 6 months
- Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Position Title: Partnerships and Deployment Consultant
- Report to: Deployment Manager
This position will be responsible for managing several of Medic Mobile’s deployments in Nepal, and is highly cross-functional, requiring coordination across several groups within Medic Mobile including partnerships, product, design, impact, and research.
Local partnerships management (45%)
- Initiate and manage local partnerships for assigned municipalities, districts and other implementing partners, including conducting partnership development meetings and negotiations with municipality officials and partner teams
- Draft cost-sharing budgets and agreements for municipalities with support from other key roles
- Follow up and coordinate with municipalities to provide budgeting support and deployment preparation
- Build, develop, and grow partner local and other relationships vital to the success of the projects
Project management (45%)
- Coordinate deployment preparation, software configuration, testing, implementation, ongoing project support, monitoring and adoption of Medic Mobile tools for and with assigned partners
- Prepare and adapt training materials including visual learning aids and other content for Training of Trainers (ToTs) and for further end-user trainings conducted by trainers and partner staff
- Deliver Training of Trainers (ToTs) as well as trainings for end users including partner facility and field-level staff as needed
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members (including designers, technical team, partnerships team, operations) and other project stakeholders (including partner organization’s project manager, community leaders, community members, IT department, project field staff).
- Lead monthly impact monitoring for assigned districts internally with support from the Impact team.
Knowledge management (10%)
- Coordinate the process of documenting project activities through reports, case studies, blog posts, videos and photos.
- Support the Asia team in developing materials such as proposals, reports, presentations and write-ups for various audiences, ensuring timely reporting and communication with all stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in public health, project management, public policy, international development, social sciences or related fields.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management, including experience in conducting training, partnership development, supervision and people management.
- Extensive familiarity with the health system in Nepal, and experience working with marginalized communities in social impact programmes in the country
- Fluent in both English and Nepali (written and verbal communication)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with team members at all levels of Medic Mobile and partner staff including program managers, health facility staff and community health workers
- Excellent computer skills
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Adaptable, self-motivated, inquisitive and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced and diverse team
- Experience in developing and conducting trainings
- Willingness to travel to project implementation sites in Nepal up to 60% of the time
- Self-motivated and highly proactive
- Must have a valid work permit or authorization for work in Nepal.
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please submit a resume and cover letter on the Medic Mobile career page for the Partnerships and Deployment Consultant position. Applications without these required documents will not be considered. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The ideal start date for this position is April 1, 2019 at the latest and earlier if possible.