Online Certificate Course on Smokeless Tobacco
WHO FCTC Global Knowledge Hub on Smokeless Tobacco at ICMR-National Institute of Cancer Prevention & Research India in partnership with Tobacco Control Research Branch at National Cancer Institute USA
- To introduce the SLT epidemic, WHO-FCTC, and MPOWER strategies.
- To monitor SLT control efforts, surveillance and policies. Identify the types and sources of tobacco control evidence including surveillance data, epidemiological studies, intervention research, and program and policy evaluation with a focus on smokeless tobacco.
- To describe SLT product regulation.
- To recognize and describe communication approaches that are currently used to educate and inform individuals, communities and countries concerning tobacco control.
- To articulate epidemiological, quantitative, and qualitative research and evaluation methods using specific tobacco control examples.
Who Should Apply?
Those students pursuing MD, DNB, MPH, MPhil or PhD programs; graduates from different systems of alternative medicine such as; paramedical sciences inclined to take up public health as a career professional working in research; consultancy agencies in health and development sectors, clinical and marketing research. Limited prior knowledge of research would be useful with functional level knowledge of English and use of computers is eligible for this course.
There is NO COST to attend this course.