New Zealand Government Scholarships 2020
The New Zealand Government Scholarships 2020 are now open for some countries. Citizens from eligible countries can apply now.
The New Zealand Government offers these New Zealand Scholarships
- New Zealand Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate study
These are full tertiary scholarships for eligible international students to study full time at a New Zealand education institution or a Pacific university.
- New Zealand Short Term Training Scholarships for Pacific and Timor-Leste citizens
These are short scholarships for skills training and on-the-job work experience for workers from eligible Pacific countries and from Timor-Leste.
- New Zealand Short Term Scholarships for citizens of Southeast Asia and Timor-Leste
These are short scholarships for skills training for workers from eligible Southeast Asian countries and from Timor-Leste.
- New Zealand English Language Training for Officials Scholarships (NZELTO)
These are short scholarships for government officials from eligible African and Asian countries to come to New Zealand for English language training.
- Pacific countries : Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
- Asian countries:
Cambodia, Indonesia, Jordan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam
- African countries: Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Caribbean countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
- Latin American countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela
- Commonwealth countries:
Africa Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia. Caribbean Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines. Asia Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia. Pacific Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
Levels of study available:
You can study these undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications at one of nine New Zealand universities or education institutions:
- Undergraduate Degree (3-4 years)
- Postgraduate Certificate (6 months)
- Postgraduate Diploma (1 year)
- Master’s Degree (1-2 years)
- PhD (3.5 years)
The New Zealand Scholarship application process differs depending on which country or region you are from. You can apply between the application opening and closing dates for your country.