My Food, My Future Short Video Contest- IFPRI and FAO: IFPRI and FAO are bringing together decision makers, practitioners, researchers, and other stakeholders from around the world to answer this critical question. As part of our three-day global event in Bangkok, Thailand, you are invited to submit a 1–2 minute video that offers ideas and tools that can help reduce hunger and malnutrition right away. Your video submission should connect to your own life or community and inspire action.
The video competition is open to young filmmakers from all over the world between the ages of 10 and 25, as of the date of submission. The contest includes two age-based categories: 10–17 and 18–25.
Selection & Prizes
Selections will be based on a video’s success in presenting ideas and inspiring action toward quickly ending hunger and malnutrition. A panel of senior representatives from IFPRI and FAO along with film industry professionals will select the winning entries. Winners will be announced November 28, 2018 at the global eventin Bangkok. A winner and two runnersup will be selected for each age category. The winning entry in each category will receive a $500 prepaid gift card, and each of the four runners-up will receive a $250 prepaid gift card.
- Applicants must submit a video filmed on their mobile phone or other device that is not more than two minutes long, including title and end credits.
- Videos can be recorded in any language, but must include English subtitles.
- Video submissions must be original and unpublished.
- Videos may not contain any offensive or inappropriate content, infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, or violate any law or advocate illegal activity.
- Video submissions must be accompanied by signed entry and consent forms.
- If the applicant is a minor in his/her country of residence, the consent form must be co-signed by the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
- Videos should be submitted via a file hosting website such as Dropbox, WeTransfer, or Google Drive.
- Please send a link of the video to IFPRIemail@example.com with the following information:
Subject line of email: Submission_Title of video
Email Attachments: Entry form and consent form (these can either be scanned or photographed)
Link to the video (file format avi, mov, or mp4)
- Video submissions cannot contain copyrighted music or images, unless there is clear authorization or proof to use them, or they fall under generally accepted fair use guidelines.
Deadline for submissions is midnight (EST) on October 15, 2018, and must be accompanied by signed entry and consent forms. There is no fee to enter your video in this contest.