- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, statistics, international development or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of applied experience designing, implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation tasks
- Demonstrated experience designing logical frameworks and associated performance monitoring and evaluation plans
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis Experience with donor M&E approaches and requirements
- Experience with USAID M&E systems is highly desirable
- Experience with climate change or agriculture programs is desirable Experience working in Nepal is required;
- Experience in the Mid-Western Development Region is desirable Ability to work well both within a consortium team and independently
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Nepali is desirable Strong writing ability in English required
Job Description: The Monitoring, Evaluation And Learning Advisor will be responsible for developing and overseeing the operationalization of the M&E Plan. S/he will work closely with the project technical advisors to ensure inclusion of monitoring, evaluation, and learning in all programmatic activities. This position also requires close communication and coordination with all staff involved in project implementation to support applied research as outlined by the M&E Plan and the Performance Management Plan (PMP). Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing final M&E Plan and baseline dataset; Implementing M&E Plan and making ongoing modifications based on lessons learned;
- Coordinating the implementation of program evaluations/assessments, surveys and applied research on climate change adaptation.
- Monitor indicator consistency and quality, data quality assessments, and prepare quarterly reports to USAID on project results to date and environmental compliance.
- Stimulating learning and innovation amount project staff, and leading M&E capacity building activities to support and ensure accountability of applied research among technical sectors.
- Supporting local partner staff to oversee the effective implementation of the M&E Plan. Coordinate M&E activities with related programs