Monitoring and Evaluation Associate – CAMRIS International
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field. CAMRIS’ clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a qualified Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Associate for its USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (MEL) project. The MEL Project supports achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs. The Nepal MEL project has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
Job Locations NP-Kathmandu
Type Regular Full-Time
No. of Opening: 1
- Support to design, test and implement qualitative and quantitative evaluation methodologies, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks.
- Code and analyze qualitative data collected from the field.
- Support to liaise with Mission staff and evaluation consultants (expat and Nepali).
- Maintain and update the roster of external evaluators, subject matter experts, translators and trascribers
- Perform other administrative, logistic, and organizing responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree and at least eight years of experience, or a Masters degree and at least five years of experience. Academic degrees shall be in social sciences, gender and/ or development studies, economics, political science, international affairs or relations, education, health, public policy, or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge in qualitative research good practice (such as sampling, establishing measures, tool development, analysis, and reporting).
- Demonstrated experience supporting the design and implementation of rigorous evaluations of development interventions, experience with quantitative methods preferred.
- Past experience being part of research teams collecting primary qualitative data required.
- Strong knowledge of USAID evaluation policy and M&E standards highly preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation of development interventions.
- Prior knowledge of qualitative data analysis softwares such as Dedoose will be an added value
- M&E training experience for local implementing organizations highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Nepali required.