Medical Laboratory Technologist, Dolakha- Possible
Operations & Procurement – Dolakha, State 3
Possible is seeking Medical Laboratory Technologist who will be chiefly responsible for providing clinical laboratory services to the patients of Possible’s Proposed Charikot Hospital, Dolakha, Nepal with high standards of patients care. Applications are being accepted on an immediate merit basis for Nepali candidates.
The organization: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the people of hard to reach areas. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable healthcare that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Possible has so far treated over 400,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
The opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for competent professionals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated clinical experience, be a fantastic communicator, excellent team player and willing to work in challenging settings.
You’re driven by impact and solving for the patient and have a deep understanding of clinical care in rural setting. Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your skills to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
Reports To: Laboratory Incharge
Dotted Line Reports: None
- Technical and clinical knowledge to manage overall laboratory as well as microbiology department.
- Active NHPC license and no present government bond or other legal commitments.
- Degree of Bsc MLT with one to two years’ experience in microbiology department.
- Knowledge to run and interpretation of Quality control.
- Ability to perform the test such as Microbiological procedure, interpretation of PBS and other special test.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Lead functioning of the microbiology services and lab for high-quality, twenty-four-hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement;
- Maintain data necessary for Possible, government, and research purposes relevant to the lab
- Support the management structure of the hospital as a member of senior management
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Oversee functioning of the lab for high-quality, twenty-four-hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement.
- Duties include running special laboratory tests, Handle microbiology, Perform quality control, manage the data and performing other duties under the direction of the Laboratory In charge for proper functioning of microbiology services.
- Lead on maintaining a safe, hygienic, dignified workplace.
- Be proactive in keeping the lab functioning at the highest level.
- Lead to direct report, weekly doing 1:1 and yearly performance evaluation of direct report under the supervision of laboratory incharge,
2. Maintain data necessary for Possible, government, and research purposes relevant to the lab.
- Respond in a timely manner to all data requests.
- Align with impact team to manage the weekly, monthly, bimonthly and annual reporting system.
- Coordinate with Lab In-Charge to draft policies, SoPs and checklist around Lab for standard and high-quality services
3. Support the management structure of the laboratory as a member of senior laboratory staff.
- Develop Duty rooster for the team and ensure the services are offered at all times of need.
- Build Policies, SoPs, and checklist around Lab for standard and high-quality services
- Know and follow hospital operating guidelines in all operations
- Participate as a member of senior laboratory staff in the morning standing meetings, general staff meetings and other committees and working groups as required
- Ensure participation of members of the laboratory in the morning standing meeting and other management functions of the organization.
- Ensure a culture of continuous quality improvement throughout the hospital more specifically laboratory.
- Contribute ideas for hospital improvements.
This job description may be amended at any time with the consent of both the employee and the direct supervisor.
You will spend 100% of your time in Dolakha.