May Measurement Month (MMM19) Global Awareness Campaign
May Measure Month (MMM) is a global awareness campaign led by the International Society of Hypertension, which represents the world’s leading scientists, clinicians, health care providers and allied health care workers, all with a common interest in hypertension (high blood pressure) research Launched in May 2017, MMM put the spotlight on increasing access to blood pressure screening as potentially the most effective way to reduce hypertension’s adverse toll on health MMM is run by volunteers around the world to offer free blood pressure (BP) screening to anyone 18 or over – including to remote cultures that have little or no access to BP screening.
MMM aims and Objectives
- Increase awareness of the health issues around hypertension – in the public and healthcare arenas
- Create scientific evidence to inform and influence health policy – to increase global access to BP screening
- Screen a further 1 million+ people each year, who ideally haven’t had their BP measured for over 1 year and collect quality data
To make May Measure Month a success, MMM is now recruiting people who can help to deliver MMM. There are several ways to help:
- Lead or volunteer at a screening site
- Spread the word to get volunteers working at our screening sites (e.g. nurses, doctors, medical students, community health workers etc)
- Publicise MMM to the general public to encourage people to visit their local screening centre
If you’re a health professional or medical student you can join MMM team of volunteers.
Call For Volunteers: May Measurement Month Nepal 2019
May Measurement Month Nepal (MMMN) 2019 is a national blood pressure awareness campaign aimed at addressing the increasing burden of hypertension in Nepal. The campaign is a part of International Society of Hypertension led global campaign called ”May Measurement Month’’ incorporating World Hypertension Day on May 17.
MMMN aims to screen blood pressure of general populations by conducting screening events in public sites, health institutions and at communities across all provinces of Nepal.
May Measurement Month 2019 Coordinating Group- Nepal call for volunteers to be part of this campaign by submitting their interest by 12th of April 2019. Volunteers are expected to measure the blood pressure and record the information.
Volunteers will be provided;
- One day orientation
- Certificate of appreciation
“Volunteers with health science background will be given priority.”