Master of Multidisciplinary Research in Experimental Sciences
A pioneering program focused on hands-on research at scientific centres of excellence in Barcelona
Funded positions available for the 2018/2019 academic year
Full-time program for 1 academic year (60 ECT credits) in English.
The Master of Multidisciplinary Research in Experimental Sciences is a joint academic program of the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of UPF (DCEXS, UPF) and the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST). This new program offers highly flexible and personalized hands-on research training in a multidisciplinary research environment.
In addition to the research aspect, the master’s will also develop talented scientists through experiential training in professional skills such as scientific communication, project management, responsible research and innovation.
The participating institutes are:
- Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
- Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC)
- The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)
- Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ)
- Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2)
- Institute for High Energy Physics (IFAE)
- Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona)
- Department of Experimental and Health Sciences (DCEXS)
Through the program, students will acquire the following skills:
- basic skills and knowledge needed to carry out advanced and interdisciplinary research projects in one or more of the fields of research
- the ability to acquire, in an independent manner, the knowledge and the practical skills currently necessary to respond to the demands of an open and complex environment which is based on knowledge
- the ability to work effectively on complex research projects in a multidisciplinary environment
The program is based on experiential learning through work on selected research projects and the supervision of group leaders from a large variety of research areas offered by the BIST research centers and the Department of Health and Experimental Sciences of UPF . The available areas of research are listed at the bottom of the BIST Research page.
Application period: December 5, 2017 – March 5, 2018
Students can contact the secretary’s office at UPF for information related to the admission procedure (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the master’s coordinator at BIST for information related to the master’s program (email@example.com).