LEAD Course : The next generation of women leaders in Nepal 2018-2019
Women LEAD Nepal is a leadership and professional development organization for young women in the Kathmandu Valley. We have been empowering young women since 2011 because we believe the future will only improve when women and girls lead alongside men and boys. Our vision is of a better world where women leaders co-create the future. We provide young women with the personal and professional skills needed to pursue their vision for change. We equip talented and ambitious young women with the skills, knowledge, support community and opportunities to become leaders in their own lives and beyond.
Women LEAD Nepal’s year-long, after-school LEAD Course program provides an intensive experience based on practical, hands-on learning and personal growth. In the LEAD Course, young women explore their own identities as leaders and changemakers within their societies. The course starts with a two-week Leadership Institute (August 18-31) that focuses on developing professional skills like public speaking while learning about Nepal’s most pressing issues. After the Institute, each participant invests 200+ hours creating change as she co-leads a four-month School Leadership Program while receiving one-on-one mentoring, career guidance and professional opportunities. For more information, check out www.women-lead.org/programs.
The total cost of the year-long LEAD Course is NRS 9,000, which can be paid in a lump sum after being selected for the course. The fee covers all course materials, unlimited access to our resource center, individualized university guidance, a certificate, free lunches, and exclusive access to WLEAD events. DO NOT let financial concerns stop you from applying—there are partial and full scholarships available for everyone who needs financial assistance. We are committed to accepting the best applicants, regardless of their financial situation. Scholarship forms will be given out at the in-person interviews.
This is an equal opportunity program—young women from all castes, ethnicity, backgrounds, religions, abilities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply. The basic eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Female or female-identifying students entering Class 12;
- Comfortable communicating in English and Nepali (both written and spoken);
- Able to attend LEAD Course programs at Women LEAD’s office in Jawalakhel from 12pm to 5pm on weekdays, and Saturday events;
- Commit to fully participating in all aspects of the LEAD Course for the entire year: the two-week
- Leadership Institute and around 8 -10 hours per week in leadership and professional development and mentoring during the rest of the year—350 hours in total.
- Submit a written application to your school reception or an online form at www.women-lead.org/apply or www.facebook.com/womenLEAD by 11:59pm on Saturday, July 28th (12 Shrawan).
- Attend an Interaction Program at WLEAD’s office on either Friday, July 20th (4 Shrawan) or Friday, July 27th (11 Shrawan) from 11am onwards. Bring your parents and friends along if you want.
- The top applicants will then be invited for a 30-minute interview with staff and ex-participants of the LEAD Course at the WLEAD office in Jawalakhel between August 1st – 4th (16-19 Shrawan). They will be notified via phone. Scholarship forms will be provided at the time of the interview.
If you or your family have any questions about the LEAD Course or the application process, call us at 1.6923979 / 9810.173.331, or send a message to email@example.com or our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/womenLEAD)