Lab Technician- Possible
Possible is seeking a Lab Technician for Bayalpata Hospital, our full-service community hospital located in Achham District.
Our Lab Assistants are responsible for ensuring that our lab provides high-quality, twenty-four hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement. Also responsible to assist the Laboratory Manager as well as Lab Technician in the coordination of laboratory activities. Provide accurate, timely and cost effective testing of patient samples to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease in compliance and harmony with the quality management system.
If you are an excellent team player, entrepreneurial and self-starting, have great management skills, take ownership of the job, and thrive in challenging environments, you are the best fit for the position. Possible welcomes you to apply for this opportunity to be part of an organization impacting hundreds of thousands of lives in rural Nepal.
Applications Deadline: 10th May ,2018.
The organization: Possible
Possible also known as Nyaya Health Nepal, is a nonprofit organization delivering healthcare to under served communities in Nepal in partnership with the Ministry of Health. With over 300 full time staff, we deliver care to over 150,000 patients annually in two hospital hubs and through our community health worker network. We have witnessed dramatic results through our integrated hospital-to-home model that has helped reduce maternal and infant morbidity and mortality. We envision a future where everyone, regardless of location or income, is guaranteed universal health coverage as a human right.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
The opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader who will responsibly and compassionately serve our patients through ensuring our lab is always functioning with high-quality, twenty-four hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement. Strong preference will be given to those who can prove they can operate in fast-growth environments with limited resources.
Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your time and energy to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
Reports To: Lab-in-charge
No. of Openings: 1
- Completed TSLC- MLT(Lab Assistant) certification from CTEVT or Recognized Institution
- NHPC Registration must Required
- Excellent team player.
- Willingness to learn from and mentor others.
- Strong Work Ethic.
- Desire to continue learning.
- Hard working.
- Works with honesty and integrity.
- Professional conduct in manner, dress and maturity.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Lead functioning of the lab for high-quality, twenty-four hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement.
- Maintain data necessary for Possible, government, and research purposes relevant to the lab.
- Assist in maintenance and improvement the laboratory and its equipment.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. To lead functioning of the lab for high-quality, twenty-four hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement.
- Duties include drawing blood, running lab tests including Hematology, Biochemistry,Immunology, Parasitology, Blood transfusion, Microbiology and performing other duties under the direction of the Lab In-Charge.
- Work as much as is dictated by patient volume and available staff.
2. To maintain data necessary for Possible, government, and research purposes relevant to the lab.
- Respond in a timely manner to all data requests.
3. To assist in maintenance and cleanliness of the laboratory and its equipment.
- To clean and maintain a safe, hygienic, dignified workplace under the direction of the Lab
- To be proactive in keeping the lab functioning at the highest level.
This job description may be amended at any time with the consent of both the employee and the direct supervisor.
- 100% of time will be spent in rural Nepal at Bayalpata Hospital, Possible’s hospital hub and Nepali headquarters.