JHCCP 2019 Leadership in Strategic Communication Workshop: The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) invites you to apply for the 2019 Leadership in Strategic Communication Workshop (LSCW). This three-week workshop, led by a distinguished faculty of public health, policy and development experts, has been described as a transformative experience, designed for versatile, dynamic individuals who seek to lead within and beyond their organizations.
The Leadership in Strategic Communication Workshop
A Unique and Transformational Learning Experience for Communication Professionals
July 1-19, 2019 | Baltimore, MD
How to Apply
Who is this workshop for?
- Project leaders interested in staying current with the latest social and behavior change communication program design approaches and new models for evaluation
- Global health and development program managers seeking to increase their knowledge of communication in the context of program design
- Senior and mid-level officials in ministries of health, finance, and other departments related to health and global development
- USAID mission staff who manage complex health and development projects in their region and/or who oversee implementing organizations
- Development professionals working in social and behavior change communication, knowledge management and other areas of communication seeking to understand CCP’s approach to program design, implementation and evaluation
LSCW has over 5,000 alumni in 100 countries around the world. Our alumni include country presidents, ministers of health, USAID mission directors, and other leaders in government, public health, global development, medicine, and communication.
What will you gain?
- Practical, accelerated learning of communication theory, design and measurement strategies, with a focus on social and behavior change.
- An understanding of multidisciplinary approaches, applied in the context of communication for global health and development.
- Current trends in project management, crisis management and leadership.
What will you do?
Working in a team, participants will develop a scalable health communication campaign based on a pre-determined global health or development challenge. In the course of developing the campaign participants will learn how to:
- Write a strategic communication plan
- Design and implement evidence-based, culturally-relevant messages
- Explore digital media as a mechanism for dissemination and measurement
- Develop a crisis response plan
- Measure and evaluate program results.
Tuition is $6,950. Travel, visa, hotel, and incidentals are not included in the tuition price. Johns Hopkins University does NOT provide financial assistance to applicants, and therefore it is the responsibility of each participant to find his or her own source of funding. We recommend that sponsors and/or participants budget $10,000 to cover the cost of tuition, travel, hotel and all fees associated with attending the workshop.