Intern-Nutrition and Health
INTERN VACANCY REF: ACFNNHKTMINT
VACANCY ANNOUCEMENT DATE: 02-08-2017
Action Contre la Faim | Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization committed to ending child hunger. Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With 30 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster and chronic food insecurity,
Currently operational in 50 countries, it started its work in Nepal from 2005. Usually referred as technical expert for acute malnutrition in Nepal, it has been operational in different parts of the country addressing under nutrition through integrated approach following the Nepal Government’s Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan. The organization was successful in bringing attention of the government, key donors, UN agencies and stakeholders to address severe acute malnutrition both in terms of treatment and prevention through Generation Nutrition Campaign where more than 39 different organizations shown their solidarity. Currently operational in 5 districts (Makwanpur, Nawalparasi, Nuwakot, Saptari and Rasuwa), it is fighting hunger through different programme intervention viz.
Nutrition and Health, Mental Health and Care practices, WASH, and food security & livelihood. The organization now seeks to strengthen its initiatives around Disaster Risk Reduction to help establish integrated and resilience building approach to all its programmes.
As a non-governmental, non-profit, non-religious organization, we are committed to principled humanitarian action as outlined in our International Charter of Principles: independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to affected populations, professionalism and transparency.
Internship duration : 4.5 months
Duty Station : Kathmandu
- Support to develop draft of training guideline on Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) management with medical complications
- Coordinate / communicate with Nutrition Section / Nutrition Technical Committee (NUTEC) /relevant stakeholders regarding the works with support from Head of Department- Nutrition and Health
- Participate in capacity building activities related to SAM management
- Participate in meetings / workshops related to SAM management
- Support in designing / printing of developed training guideline / manual
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS :
- Bachelor’s degree in Public health, Public health nutrition, Nutrition, Nutrition and dietetics or relevant
discipline (Final year students as a part of their course completion meeting the time duration may also
apply; fresh graduates willing to develop skill / career in SAM management are highly encouraged to apply
- Good standard of communication skills and typing skills in English and Nepali
- Ability to draft training guideline / manual / report and related presentation.
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Sound knowledge and practical experiences on using MS-Office package
- Effective interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a multicultural work environment
- Ability to work in a team
- Open to feedback with strong desire to develop professional skills
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit a motivation letter, updated CV with two
referees through email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th August 2017 by 5 pm. The Vacancy Reference must be mentioned in the subject otherwise the application will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Action Contre la Faim Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applicants.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Action Contre La Faim is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women,
people with disabilities and members from disadvantaged/underrepresented ethnic groups.