Indonesian Government Scholarships KNB, 2017 (May 30th , 2017)
Indonesian Government Scholarships KNB, 2017 (Application Deadline: May 30th , 2017)
Indonesian Government Scholarships: Students from developing countries are invited for to apply to Partnership Program on Scholarship or KNB Scholarship to continue masters degree at one of the 13 given universities in Indonesia.
The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is a financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students coming from developing countries to pursue their master degree in Indonesian Universities.
Initially, the idea of offering scholarships by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia for the student coming from the NAM member countries was mandated in the 10th Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries commenced in Bandung from 1st – 6 th September 1992. Following that mandate, in 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries. Since 2002, due to the substantial change in the international political constellation, the use of the term “NAM” in this program was considered irrelevant. The program name then changed to Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (Developing Countries Partnership) Scholarship or KNB Scholarship. Consequently, the program have been widely offered to students, not only to the NAM member countries, but also to other developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, Gambia, Senegal, Nigeria, Madagascar, Suriname, Pakistan, Guyana, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, and Vanuatu. In 2015, the Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia took over the KNB Scholarship management. Some improvements have been made to better the scholarship management, both administratively and operationally. There are a couple of significant adjustments have been made so far: the scholarship coverage and quota were expanded and 2 prominent Universities were added to host the program (it makes a total of 16 host Universities).
The scholarship is offered to potential students from the developing Countries to get their Master Degree in wide range of field of study (please be advised that the study program offered is differs between university):
1. Biology 2. Physics 3. Geography 4. Chemistry 5. Remote Sensing 6. Computer 7. Mathematics 8. Statistics 9. Environmental Sciences 10. Public Health 11. Sports sciences 12. Pharmacy Studies 13. Nursing
Medium of Instruction
a. Language All courses will be delivered in Bahasa Indonesia.
b. Thesis Thesis should be written in Bahasa Indonesia unless the university suggested otherwise.
c. Research Research should be carried out in Indonesia.
Scholarship Coverage and Duration
The KNB Scholarship covers:
1. A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,000,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
2. While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000 per month;
3. During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed below:
- Living Allowance IDR 2,550,000
- Research Allowance IDR 400,000
- Books Allowance IDR 350,000
4. A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student); 5. A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
- Indonesian Language Course and Master Preparatory Program Maximum 12 months
- Master Program Maximum 24 months (4 semester)
- Bachelor Program Maximum 48 months (8 semester)
The scholarship is paid for 12 calendar months each academic year during the normal period of study, except the last academic year of the normal period of study when the scholarship is paid for 8 months. Please be advised that in case of early program completion, all scholarships payment will be stopped by the time the awardee set off for home (returning to home country). 7. Please be advised that the scholarship scheme will only sufficient to cover one person to living properly in most cities where the universities are located. * Note: Other expenses beside above mentioned items will be considered as personal expenses and will be borne by the students.
1. Maximum age is 35 years old;
2. Posses a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply);
3. Have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent;
4. Complete the on-line application form;
5. Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates will have to sign a statement letter provided by the KNB Scholarship management.
How to Apply
All application process is conducted online through the KNB Scholarship website www.knb.ristekdikti.go.id. Please be advised that soliciting is prohibited. a. Required Documents
1) Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
2) Nomination letter from the respective government official;
3) 2 Academic Recommendation letters;
4) Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate;
5) Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
6) Scanned TOEFL score certificate obtained within the last 2 Years;
7) Scanned Medical Statement from government hospital.
1. The online application process must be completed no later than May 30th , 2017;
2. Selection process will be conducted on the 1 st week of June 2017;
3. The selection result will be announced on the 4th week of June 2017;
4. The students are expected to arrive in Jakarta on August 30th 2017;
5. Orientation will be organized in August 31st, 2017.