Hygiene promotion officer – Action Nepal : Action Nepal is a non-governmental humanitarian organization, established in 2000 AD in Dhading with a view to develop the socio-economic status of Nepalese people especially residing in rural area. It has paid its especial attention to work with deprived and marginalized people of the country adopting the methods of optimum utilization of local resources and technology. Action Nepal in Partnership with DCA is seeking for qualified, energetic and result oriented professionals for the following positions to intervene “WASH Recovery Intervention-Round-3 under Purnima: UK Support to Post Earthquake Recovery in Dhading”.
Position: Hygiene promotion officer
Job category: Public Health / Social Work
Job Description: Overall coordination and implementation of sanitation and hygiene promotions programs under the PURNIMA project in the communities and subsequent documentation of all the activities.
He/she should have minimum Bachelor’s degree in public health or nursing with at least 1 years work experience and comprehensive knowledge on public health and preferable to have experience in WASH sectors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducting sanitation and hygiene related awareness programs in community and school level
- Design and implement activities on menstruation health and hygiene management (MHHM)
- Supporting water safety planning as implemented in water supply schemes
- Knowledge of sanitation and hygiene related IEC materials,
- Able to conduct training and orientation on sanitation and hygiene sessions and other behavior change activities according to the objectives of the project
- Support the project coordinator and project team on monthly planning and preparation of technical reports
- Have experience to manage staff at field and work with FCHV. and CHPs.
- The Hygiene promotion officer will directly work under the supervision of Project Coordinator and closely work with DCA WASH team.
Deadline to apply: 4th February 2019
Qualified and interested Nepali candidates are requested to submit an application and the most recent Curriculum Vitae, with name and contact details of 2 referees. Applicants must indicate the position being applied while apply for the posts. Applications, along with an updated CV, may be dropped off at Action Nepal Dhading office or email at email@example.com by Mon, 04 Feb 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for written test & interview. We encourage to women and people from marginalized groups to apply for this position.
Nilkantha Municipality -3, Sugam tole
Dhadingbensi Dhading Tell: 010521012