Hygiene Officer- Urban Environment Management Society: Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS) is a not for profit organisation, dedicated to people-centered urban development and striving to contribute for better living environment towards sustainable development through its work in WASH, Waste Management, Climate Change Adaptation & Disaster Risk Management, Child Protection and Resilient Livelihood. UEMS is implementing “The Beacon Project: Municipality Wide equitable WASH services in Lahan”, a joint initiative of Anglian Water@onealliance, WaterAid Nepal, Water Supply Corporation (NWSC) and Lahan Municipality. UEMS is urgently looking for the following posts based in its field office at Lahan Municipality of Siraha District.
Position: Hygiene Officer (One position)
- Identify and prepare the most appropriate message for hygiene promotion in the target communities,
- Mobilize the community to change behavior regarding hygiene practice and capacity building WASH Committees and Tole Lane Organisation (TLO)
- Lead and conduct hygiene campaign in schools and at community level
- Prepare and submit periodic progress report to the superviser
- Conduct/assist household assessment/research and update data on WASH in the project areas
- Assist to Project Coordinator to prepare annual plan, budget and report.
- Make good public relations and good coordination with municipality, NWSC, donors and relevant networks.
- Bachelor in Public Health, Social sciences, Education or related fields
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to design and carry out training
- Experience in hygiene promotion and training
- Work experience with local communities, children and vulnerable people
- Experience in community mobilization and participation
- Familiar with child right and child protection issues and gender sensitivity
- Good computer skills especially Word, Excel and powerpoint
- Good written and verbal communication skill in English and Nepali (knowledge of local language will be an advantage)
- Physically fit to travel by walk and by motorbike
Interested qualified individuals are requested to visit www.uems.org.np or write to firstname.lastname@example.org for job application form. Suitable Nepalese candidates are requested to compulsorily submit only the completed job application form disclosing the expected salary to email@example.com indicating the ‘position title’ in the subject line by Friday 15th February 2019.
UEMS encourages applications from individuals belonging to marginalized sections of society. Only short-listed candidates will notified for the assessment.