Global health policy and systems research(HPSR) online community
The UK National Institute of Health Research is collaborating with Health Services Research UK and Health Systems Global to build an online community of people interested in health policy and systems research in low and middle-income countries.
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), funded by UK Government Department of Health and Social Care, is looking to expand into global health policy and systems research (HPSR). To do this, it wants to hear views from HSG members on how a new HPSR funding scheme can address priorities in ODA-eligible low and middle-income countries (LMICs). Through a new online community hosted by HSRUK and NIHR, and supported by HSG, you have the chance to share your thoughts and ideas that will help inform future funding and programs.
The NIHR is keen to create opportunities that complement other funding initiatives; promote equitable partnerships for mutual learning; and support institutional and individual capacity development in LMICs.
This new online global HPSR community of interest is an opportunity for members to exchange learning and explore partnerships for research.
Take part in the global HPSR community to:
- share your thoughts with the NIHR on priority global HPSR research themes and models, to help shape a new funding opportunity
- meet other HPSR researchers
- develop research collaborations and partnerships
- share learning during and beyond the initial NIHR consultation period
- hear about plans for NIHR global HPSR calls in 2019/2020
To join the online community and invite others, use this link https://tinyurl.com/y934qekl