Global Health Case Competition, London, UK
April 15-April 18, 2018
The GSK | Kellogg | USAID Global Health Case Competition brings together business students from around the world to discuss global health challenges. Students will be placed into teams and, together, develop a proposed solution to a given global health case study that they will then present to a panel of judges. Students will also participate in site visits to local partners from both the public and private sectors (e.g., McKinsey & Company, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, social enterprises, etc.).
- Build business-minded global health capacity in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the United States
- Generate new thinking and solutions to real world global health challenges
- Identify (business/private sector) talent in the global health space
- Raise awareness and interest in global health opportunities and challenges among the business community
- Build relationships between students and schools across Africa, Asia, Europe, and the United States
- Generate new global health case studies to be used in business school curriculum globally
We will accept 20 students for the year’s case competition. Five teams of four students each will be comprised of students mixed across universities. Although there will be a focus on MBA program students, students in other related programs are eligible to apply. There is no prep work required of the teams – Kellogg faculty and staff will pre-assign each student to a team, and students will be notified of their assignments at the competition.
Funding and Travel
All students accepted to the competition will be fully funded. The event will be held at GSK’s headquarters at 980 Great West Road, London, UK. GSK will generously provide expenses to fund travel to and from the event, and lodging/food expenses in London. More details regarding travel booking and visa processing will be distributed via email to those accepted to the case competition.
First place will take home $5,000. Second place will take home $3,000. Third place will take home $2,000.
January 29 – Applications Live
February 22 – Applications due
11:59 PM (London Time)
March 1 – Accepted applications announced
March 1-March 28 – Travel booking + logistics coordination