WAY announces the Global Food Security Conference (GFSC) with the theme ‘Youth Step Up To Achieve Food Security’ will be held from 14th to 17th October 2018 in Melaka, Malaysia. This programme is organised by the World Assembly of Youth (WAY)in collaboration with the Halal International Malacca, Arta Holdings Sdn. Bhd., and Malaysian Youth Council.
This theme has been selected to fulfil the principal opinions and roles of young people towards achieving food security. Attaining food security is significant and growing challenge in developing world and highly critical to alleviating poverty. Moreover, the outcomes guided by this selected theme are expected to contribute favorably in youth knowledge, skills, and talents development as well as the society as a whole. This Conference will focus on increasing the availability of food, improving access to food, increasing accessibility to quality nutritious food, increase stability of food security and supporting improved governance of the global food system. The outcome document will also enhance youth contribution towards the attainment of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
During the Global Food Security Conference all participants will gather to address and call for action on the following objectives:
- To promote awareness, analyse problems, and list programmes, services, facilities and resources available towards achieving food security;
- To identify the roles and contribution of different sectors i.e. public sector, private sector, NGOs and others, in solving food security; 6
- To gather and select good practices, challenges, experiences, and lessons learnt from the national youth councils towards improving or amending the current policies in order to attain food security;
- To form and advance the national, regional, and international policies governing the issues related to food security;
- To foster networking, collaboration, and partnership among youth and all stakeholders in order to address the issue of food security;
- To advance the role of youth and actively involve them in the social development and attainment of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).