GEMx – SNO Exchange 2019 ( TUFH 2019 Conference)
The Student Network Organization (SNO) is a Non-governmental, Non-Profit organization structured for professional and social purposes and is an independent organizing body within The Network: TUFH. SNO is an organization focused on creating an international network of students, associations and institutions to provide international experiences to students as a complement to the training of future health workers, highlighting the importance of working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
The GEMx – SNO elective exchange opportunity, to be hosted in Darwin, Australia by Flinders University Northern Territory in August 2019.
This year the GEMx-SNO elective exchange will take place in Australia. This amazing opportunity will be hosted by Flinders University Northern Territory in August 2019. The Exchange length is up to 6 weeks and will be offered in the Royal Darwin Hospital or an appropriate community service. Economy travel and accommodation will be provided!
The length of the exchange will depend on the students degree which will provide a unique opportunity to become fully immersed in the Australian healthcare system. It will also allow the student to learn about Australian Indigenous people and their culture, including their languages, kinship systems and ways of being. The traditional Aboriginal landowners in the Darwin region are the Larrakia people. In Darwin you will experience a diverse clinical experience in Darwin, including exposure to tropical, Indigenous and cross-cultural health issues.Darwin city has a multicultural population of 120,000 people is made up of people from over 50 nationalities. The city enjoys warm weather all year round, with an average temperature of 32 degrees Celsius.
This unique and amazing opportunity will be awarded to 1 student.
- All students in health sciences and medicine (nurse, midwife, dentist, medical,…)
- Students must be in their final or penultimate (second to final) year of health professional training.
- SNO member with membership certificate (become SNO member here)
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students with a valid student ID
- Legally allowed to leave your university
- Commit your time maximumly to the exchange
- Winners of Student Projects for Health, Projects that Work,and GEMx regional exchange grants, will not be considered for the exchange program.
- Past winners will not be considered for the exchange program.
- The winner will need to be able to provide a letter of good standing from their home university.
- The winners university must provide them with a certificate of indemnity insurance
- The winner must supply a current national police check from their home country.
- The winner must be willing to apply for a Northern Territory Working with Children Clearance (known as the Ochre card) see https://forms.pfes.nt.gov.au/safent/
Flinders NT will provide the necessary advice and information to enable the winner to meet the placement requirements. Winners will be responsible for their own visa application.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this opportunity or if you have any questions regarding this application.
The deadline is April 15, 2019!