Fully funded Think Big Postgraduate Scholarships – University of BRISTOL
The University of Bristol is pleased to offer 26 Think Big Postgraduate Scholarships for the programme starting in 2018. These awards cover between 25 and 100 percent of tuition fees for the duration of course.
The University of Bristol is a red brick research university located in Bristol, United Kingdom. It received its royal charter in 1909, although like the University of the West of England and the University of Bath, it first started as the Merchant Venturers Navigation School in 1595.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
To be eligible for the University’s Postgraduate scholarships, students must:
- Be an applicant to any one year, full-time postgraduate programme at the University of Bristol;
- Will start their postgraduate programme in September 2018;
- Be classed as an overseas student for fee paying purposes;
- Not already be in receipt of other funding which would equate to more than the full cost of tuition fees alongside a Bristol scholarship.
- All sections of the application form must be completed and submitted on or before the deadline of 23rd March 2018. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- The University will automatically consider applications into all eligible scholarship categories, including our Partner Scholarships with external providers.
- Applications will be reviewed following the closing date and successful scholars will be informed via email the week commencing 23rd April 2018. At this stage, some applicants will be informed that they are a reserve candidate for a scholarship.
- Upon receipt of a scholarship offer, scholars will be asked to review and sign a scholarship contract. Failure to return this documentation by the deadline set will result in the University offering the scholarship to someone else.
- The University’s decision regarding successful scholars of the programme is final, and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- All scholarships will be given in the form of a tuition fee discount and is non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered.
- Scholarships will be awarded for all years of undergraduate study, subject to satisfactory attainment throughout the programme.
- Scholars who defer their studies cannot defer their scholarship.
- Scholars agree to act as a good ambassador for the University of Bristol and at times will be asked to participate in events or promotional activities. Any involvement in these activities will take up no more than 5 hours per term.
Who can apply
You can apply for a Think Big Scholarship if you:
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
- applied to start a one year, full-time taught postgraduate programme at the University of Bristol in September 2018.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, complete the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please complete all required fields.
This application form is a standard form used for several different scholarships. We will automatically check your eligibility for other available scholarships.
- The deadline for the first round is Friday 23 March.
- The deadline for the second round is Friday 29 June.
If you submit your application by 23 March, you will be considered in the first round. If you are successful we aim to notify you by Friday 27 April.
If you submit your application after 23 March and by 29 June, we will consider your application in the second round. If you are successful we aim to notify you by Friday 16 July.
Applications made after 29 June will not be considered for this scholarship.