TRANSCULTURAL PSYCHOSOCIAL ORGANIZATION NEPAL (TPO Nepal)
is a non-governmental organization established in 2005, working on psychosocial and mental health research, intervention design and implementation, capacity building and service provision.
The organization announces the vacancy for qualified Nepali nationals for the position as mentioned above:
Post – Field Researcher/Translator
Number of vacancy – 01
Duty Location: Kathmandu and possibility of some travel to Dhulikhel
Starting Date: Immediate
Duration: 4 Months with possible extension.
TPO-Nepal announces one opening for a position as a field researcher/translator for a research project. The research will implement a brief mental health training and investigate attitudes held by health professional students towards mental illness at universities in Kathmandu region. The selected candidates will work closely with the research focal person, international students and will independently/jointly conduct following activities:
- Assist with duties related to implementation of trainings
- Setting up meetings for trainings and interviews with research participants.
- Conducting, facilitating and on-site translation of all interviews (from Nepali to English and vice versa) with the participants.
- Translation and/or transcription of interviews and research instruments. (Nepali to English and vice versa)
- Providing logistical support for communication, printing, photocopying, and local purchases for research team.
- Abiding by ethical conduct in a nature compliant with research human subjects protection and TPO professionalism.
- The required competencies include:
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in interpretation and written translation (Nepali-English and English-Nepali.)
- Proficiency in typing (English & Nepali – Devnagiri + unicode)
- Proficiency in using basic office package – Microsoft Word, Excel. Sound technological knowledge on computers – troubleshooting programmes and hardware will be an added benefit.
- Proficiency in qualitative analysis software Nvivo (Preferred, but not required)
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in psychology, health, social sciences or development field (individuals with a Master’s degree will be given preference)
- Prior experience in research, both qualitative and quantitative methods is required. In addition, the applicant should have an interest in mental health and psychosocial issues.
Salary will depend on prior research experience and level of education completed.
(A valid 2 wheeler-driving license is required and candidates with their own vehicle will be preferred.)
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The organization reserves the right to cancel or reject the application. Phone calls or any other enquiries will not be entertained and any type of solicitation will automatically disqualify the application.
Note: Applications without cover letter will not be considered.
Interested applicants are requested to submit updated curriculum vitae with two referees (current and immediate past line manager), and a cover letter with subject head as “Application for the post of Field Researcher/Translator” firstname.lastname@example.org or Sealed Envelope to TPO Nepal, Kathmandu by not later than 16:00, July 7, 2017