Field Coordinator – Backward Society Education: Backward Society Education (BASE) is a reputed NGO working for the creation of equitable and progressive society in diversified sectors of mid and far west Nepal. As a part of fulfillment for the requirement of Human Resource for one of BASE’s projects SUAAHARA II funded by HKI-CARE/USAID related to “Good Nutrition” for 1000 days mothers, BASE invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates, who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity, for the following job positions.
Field Coordinator – Dang district
TERM & LOCATION: Long term position based in Dang district
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time –Contractual, 6 days a week
SALARY: As per organization policy
The Field Coordinator is responsible for working closely with Program Coordinator and other district based staff to implement district program and activities effectively on time to meet program objective
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES and MAJOR DUTIES
- Support to Program Coordinator for conducting district orientation and develop Detailed Implementation Planning (DIP) with District Health offices, DCC, Rural municipalities, Municipalities and NGO and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate to conduct RM/UM level stakeholder planning, meeting, orientation, training and other relevant activities of Suaahara.
- Plan and implement project activities in the working district. Coordinate with Suaahara II Sub Office to implement program effectively and smoothly.
- Coordinate and liaison with DCC /Municipality/RM to allocate fund for the Suaahara activities in the district.
- Coordinate Suaahara II district team, district line agencies, related offices and networks for planning and implementing Suaahara II program activities.
- Supervise and monitor the field program and provide constructive feedbacks to filed team.
- Ensure close monitoring of activities and performing field visits in order to assess the implementation of Suaahara activities.
- Provide support and program input to field supervisors and where need to Female Community Health Volunteer (FCHVs)/ Village Model Farmer (VMF), Outreach Clinics, Ward Citizen Forums, Citizen Awareness Centers (CAC)
- Support /Conduct/ organizes various district and community level activities, trainings, workshops and other required activities.
- Monitor, mentor and supervise to Field Supervisors and Community Nutrition Facilitators.
- Prepare monthly/ quarterly/semiannual/annuals plans
- Produce & submit monthly/quarterly/ semiannual/annual reports of the programs on time. Collect and document important case studies/stories.
- Provide support to the monitoring and evaluation
- Attend and share program progress and challenges in district level stakeholders’ review meeting in coordination with program coordinator.
- Must have completed Bachelor in Public Health/ Social Sciences with minimum 3 Years of work experience in I/NGOs
- Must have minimum 2 years of working experience especially on Nutrition, WASH and Agriculture
- Valid motorbike license holder preferred
- Must have experience of working in field level
- Should possess knowledge of human rights
- Should possess good data management, analytical skills, documentation skills, quality reporting and able to deliver with minimal supervision
- Good coordination and communication skills; strong team player and calm even under pressure
- Ability to work with target groups of People in the field
- Must have good moral and ethical background
Interested and Eligible candidates are requested to send us their updated CV and Cover Letter mentioning expected salary addressing to the Admin Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 3rd, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
“Qualified candidates from minorities, disadvantageous group and female are highly encouraged to apply.”