Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship, The University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336, VAT Registration Number GB 592 9507 00, and is acknowledged by the UK authorities as a “Recognised body” which has been granted degree awarding powers. Following scholarships are offered for 2018-2019.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship
- 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2018-2019.
- Each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
- Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
The awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a PhD in any field of study in 2018-2019.
Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been offered admission to a full-time PhDresearch programme of study.
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
- The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
- Students already on a PhD programme cannot be considered for these awards.
- Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Masters programme of study in 2018 and your PhD the following year in 2019, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2018.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
- Applications for this scholarship are no longer being accepted for 2018-2019 as the deadline has now passed.
Notification of award
- It it anticipated that all applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of April 2018.
For more details on this award please contact Scholarships and Student Funding Services.